nicolasfinta1

nicolasfinta1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible premium 2018
Were your tires mismatched before? If not, there's your problem. Uneven camber may not induce a pull but it can in some situations.
So I bought the gt350 wheels with these tires there from the parts farm they came mismatched before I had the stock mustang gt wheels 235 all around
Sponsored

OP
OP
nicolasfinta1

nicolasfinta1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicolas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible premium 2018
So I bought the gt350 wheels with these tires there from the parts farm they came mismatched before I had the stock mustang gt wheels 235 all around
The 235 all around where not mismatched

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The mismatched tires is likely the issue.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Look up those tire specs and find out the diameters. A difference in diameter side to side will certainly cause a pull. The different aspect ratio seems likely one tire is taller than the other.

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Wow what a mess. I just realized these aren't a square setup. How did you end up with this tire setup anyway? Was it part of the "deal"? You can't have different sidewall ratios on opposite wheels like that.

I would see if you can get a deal on tire rack and have a shop mount a new setup on those wheels.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I just realized what it might be the tire ratio is different
80C039DE-43D1-4C49-8431-5936E96D7499.jpeg
Do you really have a 35 profile on the left and a 30 on the right? Absolutely the car will pull right if the right side tires have a smaller diameter and shorter sidewall. A 295/35 tire has a 27.13" diameter, and a 295/30 tire has a 25.97" diameter.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, were those wheels taken from the same car ?
I'd get those wheels refurbished, rebalanced with new tyres and the tracking checked.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Your best bet is to just sell the tires you don't want (probably the ventus) and get matching tires all around.

or just buy 4 new tires, depending on how worn the michelins are...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
You may want to try 285/35-19's on the front... I'm going to try them when my fronts wear out to try and reduce the tramlining a little.

Sponsored

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
So why couldn't the alignment guy bring it into spec? That's what you get alignments for.

Having different tires on each side can cause a difference.. In the pics it looks like the Michelins are pretty worn as well.

Are the tires the same size? Even if they are stamped the same, say 255, the actual size will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

-Bob

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
could it because the tires are mismatched on each side? I got 2 Michelin’s on drivers side so front and rear drivers and two Ventus on passenger front and rear they have a different tread pattern
Absolutely. I have two rear PS4Ss in the rear with maybe 1.2mm of tread depth difference (caught a nail in one and didn't feel like replacing both) and it clearly pull to the side on the throttle. I am also absolutely sure my alignment was correct as it has been done on a calibrated rack by one of the best people around (and I was under the car with him).

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
So why couldn't the alignment guy bring it into spec? That's what you get alignments for.

Having different tires on each side can cause a difference.. In the pics it looks like the Michelins are pretty worn as well.

Are the tires the same size? Even if they are stamped the same, say 255, the actual size will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

-Bob
Scroll up and see his image. The sidewall ratio is different between the left/right, and he's not square (meaning the tires in the front are narrower than the tires in the rear, which is typical), so this can't be fixed by rotating the tires. I run two different sidewall ratios, but not side-to-side. Only front-to-back.

It should be obvious that alignment can't fix this type of an issue. These wheels need new tires, balanced, etc.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Scroll up and see his image. The sidewall ratio is different between the left/right, and he's not square (meaning the tires in the front are narrower than the tires in the rear, which is typical), so this can't be fixed by rotating the tires. I run two different sidewall ratios, but not side-to-side. Only front-to-back.

It should be obvious that alignment can't fix this type of an issue. These wheels need new tires, balanced, etc.
Yeah, he needs 4 new tires I'm afraid before it drives right again. Even he buys only two, the differing wear and tread depth will still cause a pull. 4 new tires, start again.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Did you have the alignment done with these wheels? I’m surprised the alignment shop didn’t notice the difference in aspect ratio then and tell you. If they tried to adjust the suspension with mismatched ratios then it may be an issue once you get the new matching tires. Back to the alignment shop you go after new tires...
Sponsored