Sponsored

Installed: 10mm spacers and longer wheel studs

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So how do you determine thread count then? Just by how many full revolutions you get with the lug nut? Check me on this (cause I'm trying to get this to sink in for a spacer project)...so a 1/2-20 stud is 1/2" dia and 20 threads per inch; we know that part. I need a minimum of 10 threads engaged. Am I getting that with a minimum of 10 full revolutions of the lug nut? Or is there another way I need to measure it? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So how do you determine thread count then? Just by how many full revolutions you get with the lug nut? Check me on this (cause I'm trying to get this to sink in for a spacer project)...so a 1/2-20 stud is 1/2" dia and 20 threads per inch; we know that part. I need a minimum of 10 threads engaged. Am I getting that with a minimum of 10 full revolutions of the lug nut? Or is there another way I need to measure it? Thanks guys.
Basically, yes. But in practice the end threads on the stud and inside the nut may not be "full-form" and may not behave like full-strength threads. It's nice to not cut things too close here.

Counting "turns of the nut" is the easiest way.

Norm

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
904CEAAB-977A-4CC5-8096-804BAFD22F41.jpeg
What sucks is I couldn't find any 15mm bolt on adapters. I can't remember if I found one with a 70.3 center bore, but I found NONE with M14 studs. So that would mean 10 new studs, AND 10 new shorty lugs, and more labor. Maybe someone should look into manufacturing some <hint, hint>
I installed these 15mm spacers on the rear, not really easy as you have to remove the hub to do it. There is no “poke” but makes quite a difference combined with the SVE 1” lowering springs.
I will be doing the front this week with the same spacers. I don’t think I will have to remove the hub for the front.

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
The little part of the shoulder on the new studs that stick out past the hub are no problem. The holes in the rotor are perfectly sized to fit over them.
Going to use the same studs that you did as I don't want too long ARP studs that would make me run open end lug nuts. Just to make sure - that shoulder on the stud that sticks out past the hub and you're saying the rotor holes are big enough for it... Does it stick past the rotor at all? Does the spacer sits perfectly flush with the rotor? Also, how is the 70.3 spacer fits over 70.5 Mustang hub? I am confused here.

OP
OP

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
Going to use the same studs that you did as I don't want too long ARP studs that would make me run open end lug nuts. Just to make sure - that shoulder on the stud that sticks out past the hub and you're saying the rotor holes are big enough for it... Does it stick past the rotor at all? Does the spacer sits perfectly flush with the rotor? Also, how is the 70.3 spacer fits over 70.5 Mustang hub? I am confused here.
Yeah, 4 years and 36k miles later, no problems. Yes the rotor fits, with no interference, and if I remember right, due to the rotor thickness the shoulder doesn't extend any farther. Yes it fits flush, like in the last pic. I could be mistaken but I think the 70.5 spec is the center bore of the wheels, not the diameter of the hub center. Anyway, I see Eibach makes several kits now of various thicknesses for double what this cost me
Sponsored