Sponsored

If it wasn't for the S550, what would you be looking at?

Badboyztn

Threads
Reaction score
Cadillac CTS-V, Audi A5, or BMW 550... Still deciding between those and the 2015 Mustang GT.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. People have been hating on my decision to go with a mustang since I had a pretty solid build with my 335i but I feel like the cost and what ford is giving me in owning one outweighs whatever luxury I was getting from my e92.

Bought it while deciding between a 2011 california special and been regretting it. Met some nice people in the BMW community but also met a lot of arrogant dicks
I'm convinced that the large majority of BMW enthusiasts are too concerned with reciting the marketing schtick that brand pumps out. Seriously, the new 2addicts forum consists of threads talking about how many badges are on the vehicle, who drives in "sport plus" - as if it performs unknown magic - and other crap of that nature. It's refreshing to see people here that are mechanically inclined and not just into the brand itself.
A possible Coyote swap into my 2008 GT.

In a similar vein to a hypothetical BRZ/STI, there are any number of Frankenstein-sorts of possibilities such as a V6 Miata if you want to be just a little different from the V8-swappers.

Strictly from the new car market, most probably a 1SS-level 1LE Camaro (with Z/28-ish wheel and tire sizes and a few other little tweaks . . . I just can't seem to leave anything entirely stock for long).

Norm
I saw a video of a BRZ with an LS1 swap... it was so tempting to do that with a full Rocket Bunny widebody and the works.

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
A possible Coyote swap into my 2008 GT.

In a similar vein to a hypothetical BRZ/STI, there are any number of Frankenstein-sorts of possibilities such as a V6 Miata if you want to be just a little different from the V8-swappers.

Strictly from the new car market, most probably a 1SS-level 1LE Camaro (with Z/28-ish wheel and tire sizes and a few other little tweaks . . . I just can't seem to leave anything entirely stock for long).

Norm
funny you mention motor swaps. i think whatever the ecoboost ends up being swapped into an rx8 would be a dream track car..

my rx8 at track comes in at 2980 half tank.. no fat guy..

my guess is the ecoboost mustang will come in at 3400. i really think and hope they handle the same on track.. the specs are very close in lots of ways..

but an ecoboost in an rx8 i would bet would be 3100 lbs. maybe weight shifts forward 2% but that could be made up for..

that motor in the rx8 with a 3.55 gear would be a killer dd and likely do 37 mpg on the hiway.. btw, i used to get 24 to 25 mpg on the hiway in the rx8..

beers

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I've had German cars my whole life and finally am making a switch. My company has f-150s and many with over 300k miles. I've had a 944 turbo, 5 or 6 different GTIs, S4, Scirocco, 914s, 08 M3, and some I've forgotten. Being from Alabama and always a bit of a rebel I've stayed away from Mustangs since they are a dime a dozen. But I recently did an HPDE at Barbers and I'm hooked. I've never owned a domestic sports car in my life and I'm 41. It's really interesting how many Audi and BMW owners are jumping ship. I've complained to Audi several times to bring over a 3 door RS3 but they say no. All of us that had hatches back in the day want something faster and nicer than the R32 since it's close to a kids car and doesn't get respect. I don't care what anyone thinks but if I drop 38k on a VW some respect would be nice. Anyhow I have a premium GT track pack Recaro Ingot Silver on order. Woot!
I've written to both Audi & BMW years back to bring over some respectable hatches.. they won't it is a German thing. They do not want USA to have hot-hatches.

I have a BMW 135is, but would rather be driving a M135i... but BMW is soo stupid it hurts.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
What about the Audi A3, there is a hatchback. Audi TT is a hatchback sport coupe

pj.singh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes C63
I've written to both Audi & BMW years back to bring over some respectable hatches.. they won't it is a German thing. They do not want USA to have hot-hatches.

I have a BMW 135is, but would rather be driving a M135i... but BMW is soo stupid it hurts.
What year is your 135is? N54? I could have a buyer when you're ready to sell hahaha. And that last statement was perfect hahaha

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
C7. Ford is doing such a typical weak job with this launch. No info from my order May 22nd.(Tricia 2 weeks ago told me should get Vin and date in 2 weeks. Yesterday said sorry no info)
No HP/TQ so I am really leaning away. And this would have been my 5th Mustang since 2010.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
JD, did you order a 300A or a 400A/401?

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

They're a business in it for profit. Without even looking at the poor historical sales performance of their hatch and wagon models that we're made available stateside, you can bet your bottom dollar that they have a goldmine's worth of info on potential buying demographics. They can make an accurate projection of what will and won't sell. They'd bring more 3/5 door models if they sold. It's not like they have the intention of irking their buyers.
C7. Ford is doing such a typical weak job with this launch. No info from my order May 22nd.(Tricia 2 weeks ago told me should get Vin and date in 2 weeks. Yesterday said sorry no info)
No HP/TQ so I am really leaning away. And this would have been my 5th Mustang since 2010.
You could always withdraw your order and wait for the information to be released, no?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
And there goes my theory about only Premiums being scheduled currently. Did Tricia verify a build-able priority code?
Sponsored