Sponsored

Project American Cruiser

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Well, as you all know I recently acquired a sweet '68 F-100 Ranger. I stole her for $640 from the previous owner, but she still needs some work. The engine does run, but the carb needs work and the fuel tank needs to be cleaned out. It's been sitting for a while so a basic tune-up will be needed (oil, plugs, hoses, ect.) and it will need some new brakes and tires. the seat has a chunk missing from it where the driver sits and the overall cleanliness of the interior is very poor. Oh, and there's wasps nests all around the sun visors. The linkage for the three speed on the column is all out of whack, and the horn needs to be investigated.

So basically this thread will document the work I will be doing to get her road worthy in the next few months, and any mods to be done after she's reliable.

So I will just leave this right here...

All the crap in the video was cleaned out after a few more hours of elbow grease.

There won't be any work on the truck at all until I come back from my vacation from Vegas in a couple weeks. But the parts will be waiting for me when I get back. The Friday after the next is when I get back, so you guys might see some updates then or the day after.

My dad had a 1965 F-100 back when I lived in Kansas, which is the main reason why I wanted an old Ford truck. For that reason I wanted a '65 above all else but after months (like 8+) of looking, nothing good came up. Leah showed up with everything I wanted from an old truck and the price was right so I settled for a '68. I'm not complaining, though. She is still pretty kick-ass.

My dad had the "what the frak is that" face when I brought it home, but I know he secretly loves it on the inside.
Sponsored

stangray11

Hornet's nest?? Damn. Kudos Thed, that's one heck of a project you took on.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Hornet's nest?? Damn. Kudos Thed, that's one heck of a project you took on.
She'll be worth it. She's almost worth it just looking at it. :ford:

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
$640 I've rented a car for 3 days for that much. Not bad!
Thanks... it was a wee bit more than I wanted to pay, but overall I'm happy. :D

Sponsored

j.bauer.75

Love project threads! Please post lots of pics of progress as you go along.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Bought a newer, bigger, and more powerful battery for DeLone, so I just gave the old one (that works perfectly fine) to Leah, so she has POWUH!!!

Oh, and I rebuilt the carb. Imma go get some gas and see if she'll run without me having to pour gas in the carb.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
It just popped into my head and it seemed like it fit.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Mic distortion... from inside the truck. #winning