I was skeptical about clay....

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium ingot silver w/ saddle leather
I spent the morning washing, claying and waxing my Mustang. I've never attempted a clay bar so I was nervous and a bit skeptical. It came out amazing. The finish is so smooth.

If you haven't tried a clay bar on your car, give it a shot. The difference is unbelievable even on a brand new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Very nice!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Clay is the foundation for a great detail :). Glad you learned this...LOL! Looks great.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
When i had my new 2010 GT, 2013 GT fresh off the railcar and delivered I took them to my detailer to be clay'd. The cars had so much rail dust on them it was crazy when we ran the tack clothe over the trunk, roof and hood. Sides were slick. The Grabber Blue on my 2010 looked amazing afterwards. GHIG just looks amazing all the time but really popped after being clay'd.

Your car looks good man, great job

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
It was my first time using it too! All I can say is awesome. After the Mustang, I did my truck and my gals BMW and are both ready for winter. It got me a few brownie points too!

I may just randomly go do the neighbors car as it would make our street look better.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Yea clay bar is awesome! When I lived in Denver, I would clay once every oil change. I would also do it if the weather got warm enough to get all the mag chloride off the car.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Once saw my neighbor trying it out. Saw him drop the bar and pick it up and dust it off. He was an ass with an obnoxious off-road pipes and a blow off valve on a WRX who would drive it around at 2am on week nights. I just chuckled and walked inside.

MikeSVTGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GTCS, 2015 LE #399
It was my first time using it too! All I can say is awesome. After the Mustang, I did my truck and my gals BMW and are both ready for winter. It got me a few brownie points too!

I may just randomly go do the neighbors car as it would make our street look better.

What street do you live on? ............:lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Maybe it is just the lighting playing tricks, but I have to ask. Did you take pictures for a post in order to show off the virtues of a proper detail, and then apply a filter that made it impossible to see what you were talking about?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Maybe it is just the lighting playing tricks, but I have to ask. Did you take pictures for a post in order to show off the virtues of a proper detail, and then apply a filter that made it impossible to see what you were talking about?
lol

i never understand this apply filter to photo instagramming feature habit

OP
OP
loonysup

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium ingot silver w/ saddle leather
Point taken!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Lots of people underestimate new vehicle finishes. Not every new vehicle is perfect from the factory. A good and proper detail is always a good start for proper vehicle finish care.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
In 94' I bought a black 94' Cobra. The 4th day I owned it some airborne polyurethane resin from a guy steam cleaning a tank at my work got all over the car. It bonded with the not fully cured clearcoat and would not wash off. It was as if the entire car had overspray on it.
That was when I discovered the clay bar. It took several tries before the finish was restored. But each time you could tell it was significantly better.
Car looks great BTW.
Sponsored