Sponsored

I think I may have cracked the transmission...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'd almost bet it caught the pan and you might skate out without major repairs. The pans on these cars are just composite and are probably the lowest hanging part of the car. if you pulled over right away and didn't run it while it was totally leaked out, your forecast might be pretty tolerable
This ^

I would agree that the pan is cracked. That plastic pan likely saved the transmission casing from damage. Still not a cheap repair. Sorry that happened to you.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you hit debris on a State, County or Town Road, you should go back to where you think it was and take photos. Then contact that Agency, report it, and tell them they need to help with the claim. Regardless if debris was under snow or not, the roads are to remain free and clear for the safety of the drivers on it.

Could have been a rock or a solid chunk of ice - in either instance that XYZ should not have been on the road, in the line of traffic.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If you hit debris on a State, County or Town Road, you should go back to where you think it was and take photos. Then contact that Agency, report it, and tell them they need to help with the claim. Regardless if debris was under snow or not, the roads are to remain free and clear for the safety of the drivers on it.

Could have been a rock or a solid chunk of ice - in either instance that XYZ should not have been on the road, in the line of traffic.
Act of God. They can't control it, and they can't patrol every inch of road 24/7. They will tell you to pound sand.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Hopefully it’s just the pan and will be far less than $2500, and not a claim! Good luck

OP
OP
Min Ahn

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'd almost bet it caught the pan and you might skate out without major repairs. The pans on these cars are just composite and are probably the lowest hanging part of the car. if you pulled over right away and didn't run it while it was totally leaked out, your forecast might be pretty tolerable
Hopefully it’s just the pan and will be far less than $2500, and not a claim! Good luck
Oh man you guys are really helping me through the day lol thank you for setting my mind at ease..

I also mentioned this to my insurance adjuster and the telephone agents before him but they were all pessimistic about it. Told me that it would take months or even years to go through the process with the city or county :/

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
has to be sooooooo frustrating. how long does it take to get it on a loft for an assessment?

OP
OP
Min Ahn

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
has to be sooooooo frustrating. how long does it take to get it on a loft for an assessment?
It would've taken them like 10 mins if the adjuster let them put the car in the bay on the day of the accident, but instead he told them not to touch the car until this Tuesday when he got there to inspect.

When he came out, he apparently said, "I can't see the transmission (well no shit lol), we need to put this car on the lift" but he missed his chance the day he said not to touch the car. For that, he needs to make another trip to the dealership and I need to wait until they complete the construction next week.

Life's tough.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Call your insurance company…I went over a rock the size of a small dog, that fell off a mountain in Washington state (in our brand new Explorer Sport) and USAA covered all but the deductible.

…total repair was almost 5k 😐

*hint* if the rock was MOVING, it’s a comp vs collision claim and may not affect your rates the same.
Your choice of words are the most important in filing a Comp or Collision. My Last street debris incursion they kept trying to get me to say that I seen the debris in the road sitting their before I ran over it. I only said, I was driving at the posted highway speed when all of a sudden I seen this debris in front of my car and I tried to take SAFE, Appropriate countermeasures to miss but was unable to. Your Choice of words mean allot with insurances, that's how they try to get out of claims. Choose Wisely Young Padawan.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Update

8DEDDB0C-1A72-42BE-9650-B44FD9FEEFBC.jpeg

LOL
OMG, Holy Snizzle, those are the Most ridiculous Prices I have ever seen for parts and work. $709 pan with program, $2759 for Transmission Diagnostics, $2016 to replace the gas tank Shield, $6914 for OEM exhaust Damages, $1373 for a Drive shaft half? almost $16k and they aren't even replacing the transmission. I would stay away from this place for out of warranty work to say the least, Yikes. Good Luck

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OMG, Holy Snizzle, those are the Most ridiculous Prices I have ever seen for parts and work. $709 pan with program, $2759 for Transmission Diagnostics, $2016 to replace the gas tank Shield, $6914 for OEM exhaust Damages, $1373 for a Drive shaft half? almost $16k and they aren't even replacing the transmission. I would stay away from this place for out of warranty work to say the least, Yikes. Good Luck
My thoughts too... a $16k repair order???

Is that for real?

That's crazy.... I mean, is there really that much damage under the car - can you get images??

Ask the Sales Manager what he'll give you for it as it sits.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
one hell of an exhaust. 7k. wtf. All of those prices are beyond nuts.
Sponsored