TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So your opinion is that even though you’re paying $40k for a mustang, it shouldn’t have better QC? I guess it’s the thought process like that in which people continue to buy these cars.
Yes, I believe I got a great car for $40k and love my Mustang. It is the best selling sports car by a mile for a reason.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Not much to do with price but everything to do with lack of qc
Some $20k cars have a much better fit and finish than the Mustang
Most of the issues are due to very poor work ethics from the people that assemble those cars
QC is expensive. Quality labor, training, etc is expensive and reflects in the price of the car. Not only that but I have no QC issues with my car, you’re acting like the mustang is a bucket and it’s not. There might be panel gap issues (that are easily corrected) but I don’t care.
On another note, what specific issues have you had first had with your mustang that makes it so terrible?

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Yes, I believe I got a great car for $40k and love my Mustang. It is the best selling sports car by a mile for a reason.
I don’t disagree that it’s not a good sports car due to the gen 3 coyote alone, (regardless of tick) with hit or miss transmissions, and issues with interior QC. But I feel like for at least what they ask for these cars, it could be monitored somewhat better.

Luckily no panel issues on this one, lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But I feel like for at least what they ask for these cars, it could be monitored somewhat better.
that's the synergy you get with American "union worker" and Detroit "management". American workers with Japanese or European management do a much better job. Because they demand it of the workforce, and more importantly of their supply-chain.

Ford simply accepts sloppily designed parts (from both in-house and external engineering teams), sloppily made parts, and sloppily painted parts. Just because the S550 is 1000 times better than the total sh*t the previous generation cars were doesn't redeem itself when the Japs and Koreans make cars for less money and better fit and finish while still doing it inside the USA.

The S550 was the first Mustang I gave a second thought to buying. All previous modern Mustangs were so ungodly bad I wouldn't use them for a demolition derby out of sheer embarrassment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In MY opinion, I feel like we just got too comfortable paying a decent amount of money for poorly made shit and things will never change because it’s a product we want. Of course I know people smarter than I understand all of this supply/demand better lol.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
QC is expensive. Quality labor, training, etc is expensive and reflects in the price of the car. Not only that but I have no QC issues with my car, you’re acting like the mustang is a bucket and it’s not. There might be panel gap issues (that are easily corrected) but I don’t care.
On another note, what specific issues have you had first had with your mustang that makes it so terrible?
Bad panels alignment, rattles, both from inside and outside trims, leaking oil pressure sensor, misrouted wiring harness in the engine compartment, those types of issues
Since all those issues are the result of poor workmanship and not design or engineering, as a line worker, doing your job correctly should not be considered to be asking too much of you
Management is also obviously to blame since those issues are well known

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad panels alignment, rattles, both from inside and outside trims, leaking oil pressure sensor, misrouted wiring harness in the engine compartment, those types of issues
Since all those issues are the result of poor workmanship and not design or engineering, as a line worker, doing your job correctly should not be considered to be asking too much of you
Management is also obviously to blame since those issues are well known
People just don’t take pride in their work like they used to unfortunately and just work to make money. Idk how much they make, but id love to be able to do that stuff because of the passion I have for cars and the hobby itself.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
People pay thes crazy prices because they are blinded by love when they first get the car or they don't know any better. Or just settle because they are to lazy to care or get it fixed ..they expect us to pay more ..well we should expect more out of them for a better product. Otherwise just gonna get worse .

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang Ecoboost
I feel like this isn’t a mustang specific issue. I’m sure across every car forum folks are having a similar discussion or sharing similar concerns unfortunately. Especially with the current climate of manufacturing, its volume over quality which is a shame. I hope the dealer/ford is able to make it right for you

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am surprised to hear about QC issues with the newer Mustangs. I own a 2007 Mustang GT, 2014 Shelby GT500, and 2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP and no QC issues on them. I am sorry to hear some have issues with their Mustangs. Every time I take one of my Mustangs for a spin , I am impressed by how well they are put together and how well they perform. I am amazed at how well all those parts that make a Mustang can go through an assembly line and come out as a finished product an look so good and run so well.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So far they’ll have to pull the the drivers side completely apart, the drivers side door, the rear passenger panels, replace a side mirror which isn’t a big deal, and also replace a window, and maybe the underside dash portion on the pass side.
Not as extensive as that, but I had to have the front bumper, hood blanket, door panel, interior side panels and seat base stripped out of mine for warranty / delivery issues.

I really (really) wasn’t happy about it, but the dealer was really good and I even did some of the work myself - the jobs ended up perfect, with no additional damage or secondary issues and dare I say, better than ‘new’.

Once it’s all done, I am sure you will find they are a very easy car to fall (back) in love with :like:

Not much to do with price but everything to do with lack of qc
Some $20k cars have a much better fit and finish than the Mustang
Your not wrong, although I have seen them scoffed at on here we also have two Kia’s on the drive (Sportage and Picanto) and I would put the fit and finish up against the best of flat rocks offerings.

What the Mustang does really well is make you smile - then it becomes real easy to overlook some of the other issues that you would absolutely crucify a boring everyday car for … :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My experience from taking apart interior pieces is that a lot of the time it causes more headaches down the road and the noises either stay the same or get worse.
Hopefully they can fix it and it’ll be good, but we’ll see what comes of it.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
What does "QC" stand for?
Sponsored