Sponsored

I love the mustang…but…

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Ford Buyback or Dealer? Im reading threads about a member who cant get his car bought back and its been in the shot for 2 months in pieces with no resolution. Good luck.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Ford Buyback or Dealer? Im reading threads about a member who cant get his car bought back and its been in the shot for 2 months in pieces with no resolution. Good luck.
lol that may be me... its then tn lemon law. you get 1 year and after that ur fucked

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer buy back. The owner knows us pretty well and he’s bought a truck back from my dad with QC issues that got bad.
They’ll put me in another mustang but the problem of then consists of going through the same thing all over again.
The main issue I have is a scratch on the dash that they may have to pull apart at 1k miles. Last time that happened on a new 2015 Gt I bought in 2014, I had nothing but issues with rattles and squeaks.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
lol that may be me... its then tn lemon law. you get 1 year and after that ur fucked
It is but I did not feel appropriate to reference you specifically.

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
and i still love my car... this guy should be fine - theres many factors, time in shop, repair expences etc.. just not always a slam dunk

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?
Depends on what you mean by defects? It’s a $40k-$50k dollar car, not a Mercedes. I don’t know many other cars you can get a throaty V8 in for less…?

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on what you mean by defects? It’s a $40k-$50k dollar car, not a Mercedes. I don’t know many other cars you can get a throaty V8 in for less…?
So your opinion is that even though you’re paying $40k for a mustang, it shouldn’t have better QC? I guess it’s the thought process like that in which people continue to buy these cars.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Dealer buy back. The owner knows us pretty well and he’s bought a truck back from my dad with QC issues that got bad.
They’ll put me in another mustang but the problem of then consists of going through the same thing all over again.
The main issue I have is a scratch on the dash that they may have to pull apart at 1k miles. Last time that happened on a new 2015 Gt I bought in 2014, I had nothing but issues with rattles and squeaks.
Sounds like a great dealer. Members pull their dash panels off all the time to install the PP Panel with gauges without incident. I am looking for a PP Dash panel as we speak. Many posts on rattle issues and member fixes on the forum. I would let them replace it and try to quiet a rattle or two before ditching it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a great dealer. Members pull their dash panels off all the time to install the PP Panel with gauges without incident. I am looking for a PP Dash panel as we speak. Many posts on rattle issues and member fixes on the forum. I would let them replace it and try to quiet a rattle or two before ditching it.
So far they’ll have to pull the the drivers side completely apart, the drivers side door, the rear passenger panels, replace a side mirror which isn’t a big deal, and also replace a window, and maybe the underside dash portion on the pass side.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Not much to do with price but everything to do with lack of qc
Some $20k cars have a much better fit and finish than the Mustang
Most of the issues are due to very poor work ethics from the people that assemble those cars

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not much to do with price but everything to do with lack of qc
Some $20k cars have a much better fit and finish than the Mustang
Most of the issues are due to very poor work ethics from the people that assemble those cars
That was kind of my point, and I’m glad someone else got it. To me it’s the principle of the matter. But, I guess that’s the “boomer” way of thinking lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely don't see the value in 400/401 trim. I am glad I picked 300. I had 101A on the ecoboost (and I have hte 8" screen on the F150 XLT) and it's kinda useful but shouldn't be priced at $2000 that's for damn sure. $36K for a base GT is within a short distance of acceptable.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely don't see the value in 400/401 trim. I am glad I picked 300. I had 101A on the ecoboost (and I have hte 8" screen on the F150 XLT) and it's kinda useful but shouldn't be priced at $2000 that's for damn sure. $36K for a base GT is within a short distance of acceptable.
I got the 301a group and I use sync and apple carplay for the nav at least a couple times a month. Besides that, the 9 speaker system is decent but I feel like dual climate control is good for resale value.
Sponsored