I love the mustang…but…

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I know I have said it before but I don’t understand how a company that has been building cars for over 100 years and now builds them with robots, cant get the panel fit right nor the interior quality as good as a basic Korean car. And the paint is so soft it will scratch if you even look at it too hard. BUT I love the Bullit. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
And that's what it boils down to. The issues suck. Fully agree it should be done better especially at the cost. But I want this badass V8 more than I let some rattles bother me. Unfortunately it gets chalked up to price of admission for a lot of us. Panel gaps, rattles, ticks... But heck yes she "goes like hell"!
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
We should all write a letter to Jim Owens asking him to push the assembly quality at Flat Rock. It’s ridiculous.
He'll file them with all the letters from people wanting their ordered cars as fast as possible lol.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I'm on my 3rd Mustang (had a '08 V6, '17 Eco and now '21 GT). I'm not loyal to the brand, but I just have a connection to the car that I can't explain - it just fits.

It's true that for the money, there's definitely other options like BMW/Audi etc., but I don't like the fact that those cars are everywhere in Toronto where I live, and I can't see myself driving one (unless it's as a second car).

Last edited:

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Agree with the OP sentiment here. I love my mustang, but what a shame the interior quality is poor. Did I know that when buying it,? yes...do I have regrets? No.

My wife's 2020 Mazda CX5 interior is superior and its a 30K car - albeit not fun, granted.

My 2020 Explorer is better, the fit and finish is solid, a few wayward panels.

I've also had Infiniti FX35, QX60 and Q60 - all had beautiful interior quality below the cost of the Mustang.

This is why I could never buy a Shelby. Brilliant car, but embarrasing interior quality for the pricepoint.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
A Mustang is simply never intended to be a $100K car. It isn't even assembled well enough as a $40K car. I love the car, but Flat Rocks assembly has been consistently disappointing for me in one way or another. love the car though, I'd just like it to show more pride in assembly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
I will agree there are some things I can overlook too on a new car but a rattle isn't one. I own a 2013 Dodge avenger I bought brand new with 1.3 miles for 20k. It now has 180k and there are 0 rattles. There's no reason anything should ever rattle in a car. It drives me crazy. To some 40k doesn't seem like much money, but to the rest of us it's a lot. Just my perspective.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Minor rattles and things like that don’t bother me. It’s when I’ve had to turn my radio up to around 12 to try and drown them out that does.

Hard to have a conversation with the passenger and it’s embarrassing. Weird thing is that they weren’t present when I test drove, but appeared over time.

I told them I’d like to see if they could fix it because I love the car but they are afraid to make it worse or break clips, which I understand.

She runs like a raped ape though, no complaints about the drivetrain.
Sponsored