OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
People suck! I have a couple dents in that exact same spot. I havent contacted a PDR guy yet, how was he able to access it to get it out?
The guy I use here in Houston runs a company called Dents R Us. He’s an older guy who’s been doing it for quite sometime that I’ve used before when my 2015 Gt met a similar fate in a Home Depot parking lot. Idk how he’s going to access it, I may take the tire and fender liner off for him as he said it would range from 60-120 depending on how difficult it would be. Seems like he’d have to go from the underside but I’m not sure.
Sponsored

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT, 09 Challenger Srt8
Oh ok, everything ive read says the inner skeleton gets in the way, which i hope isnt the case for either of us. Hoping it can be accessed through the fender well or behind the taillight.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok, everything ive read says the inner skeleton gets in the way, which i hope isnt the case for either of us. Hoping it can be accessed through the fender well or behind the taillight.
Unless they can just access it from up top lol, that would be nice but I’ll let ya know. I have to figure out when I have time for him to come by and do it.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
I had a crease in same spot . Had a dent removal guy come out and he got it completely out, I was amazed. Like yours mine is hard to see in pics but it was a 2 inch crease. Saw it every time I walked up to my car to get in , drove me crazy. All gone now though so happy again. Dent guy said either someone laid something on there or leaned on it with an elbow. He did most
Of it from outside of vehicle but did go in through trunk for a few minutes.

D0675ADD-C8D2-4F9F-90DF-5D90B64883BF.jpeg

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a crease in same spot . Had a dent removal guy come out and he got it completely out, I was amazed. Like yours mine is hard to see in pics but it was a 2 inch crease. Saw it every time I walked up to my car to get in , drive me crazy. All gone now though so happy again. Dent guy said either someone say something on there or leaned on it with an elbow View attachment 686533
Glad they were able to get it for you! It’s a real fucking eye sore and even though a normal person probably can’t see it, I know it’s there. Did they get it from the top or have to go through the bottom (giggity).

Sponsored

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Unless they can just access it from up top lol, that would be nice but I’ll let ya know. I have to figure out when I have time for him to come by and do it.
Yeah def. let me know. If they can get it from the top even better!

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad they were able to get it for you! It’s a real fucking eye sore and even though a normal person probably can’t see it, I know it’s there. Did they get it from the top or have to go through the bottom (giggity).
Mostly from the top but did go into the trunk with one type of tool for a few min. I was truly amazed it all came out. It’s smooth as can be now.
1657077937394.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Last edited:

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I just want to have an idea of what i need to remove as i dont want the PDR guy disassembling anything.

Sponsored

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to have an idea of what i need to remove as i dont want the PDR guy disassembling anything.
I didn’t actually stick my head in trunk to see what he was doing but I was standing there talking with him and I didn’t see him take anything apart inside the trunk. Went in there real quick with a long silver tool bar thing, maybe to push up on dent ? Who knows . I just know he didn’t tear apart my trunk at all to do whatever he was doing. As long as the dent is gone I’m good with it. He works for a company that goes from dealership to dealership all day fixing this type of thing so I’m betting he knows how to access the area.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the gym today and when I came back out I noticed a crease in rear panel by the window. It’s hard to see but it’s a 2” vertical crease. Looks like either someone set something on it or dropped something on it, idk. Work hard to buy nice shit for this to happen…

6392F656-AEE5-4AE4-8336-7E9F2E89DACC.jpeg
People suck! I have a couple dents in that exact same spot. I havent contacted a PDR guy yet, how was he able to access it to get it out?
I had a crease in same spot . Had a dent removal guy come out and he got it completely out, I was amazed. Like yours mine is hard to see in pics but it was a 2 inch crease. Saw it every time I walked up to my car to get in , drove me crazy. All gone now though so happy again. Dent guy said either someone laid something on there or leaned on it with an elbow. He did most
Of it from outside of vehicle but did go in through trunk for a few minutes.

D0675ADD-C8D2-4F9F-90DF-5D90B64883BF.jpeg
Just a thought before blaming other folk, have you guys ever put any force on the top of the fender in that area ? It appears that area deforms very easily, @Kristian87 managed to dint his in a very similar way :

Still faffing around chasing my creaky rear suspension, 99% convinced it’s a bearing issue that needs grease, so may end up at Ford this week.

like an idiot i put both hands on the rear hip to push down on the suspension, heard the panel pop and have a couple of small dents to show for my stupidity. Barely noticeable but now I know they are there…

ahhhh well, guess i’ll be looking at calling a paintless repair guy

927620DA-E29F-4379-9FBA-E1076FEF9B00.jpeg
F0CDD9C3-7743-4325-9EA9-113F901CE4E9.jpeg
Guy has been out this morning (Clever Dent Repair in Wantage, Ox). Very impressed with the work.

Didn't realise they use the glue pulling technique as a last resort. YouTube videos suggest that was not the case. Traditional methods are more favoured in this country apparently - he went in from the boot, and use the long rods to "push" the dent back out - no hammering. But then light tapping on the outside panel to get it perfect.

After he left, I did notice a very subtle dent was still there, 10x less noticeable than what I had there before but I reckon he may have just missed it in the lighting, I'll tell him. He actually found 2 more shallower dents towards the rear corner and sorted those too - so 4 dent fixes. £80 well spent.
Either way, looks like that area can be sorted out with PDR so I hope it works out for you guys :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a thought before blaming other folk, have you guys ever put any force on the top of the fender in that area ? It appears that area deforms very easily, @Kristian87 managed to dint his in a very similar way :

Either way, looks like that area can be sorted out with PDR so I hope it works out for you guys :like:

Yeah because I’m gonna spend $50k+ to lean on my car or damage it from not paying attention, lol come on man. Wasn’t there when I went into the gym because I had just fixed a defect on the passenger side that morning, and checked the driver side and it wasn’t there.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah because I’m gonna spend $50k+ to lean on my car or damage it from not paying attention, lol come on man. Wasn’t there when I went into the gym because I had just fixed a defect on the passenger side that morning, and checked the driver side and it wasn’t there.
All I am saying is :

A) It appears to be a very easy place to dent and
B) IMHO its a very strange place to pick up parking lot damage.

No offence was meant by my post :like:

Sponsored