jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I know people who have removed it and now clutch pedal dosnt fully return. Will most likely result in premature clutch failure. Do as you wish but I find it Funny when people think they out smarted engineers who have built the car or designed aftermarket parts. The steeda spring is a great upgrade, and made driving the car a lot better.
I personally have never seen or heard of a clutch pedal that hasn't fully disengage without the spring, including my 2. A 15 PP/GT and a 16 GT 350. As far as out smart the engineers,, we're not trying to out smart them. They made the clutch/car for a large demographic of customers, including people who may not want a super firm clutch, and also to appease to the DD crowd. I'm sure Steeda makes a fine lower compression spring and it improves the clutch by leaps and bounds for those who want a better firmer feel. For me the best feel was with the spring gone. I wouldn't tell anyone how to mod there car or what feels better to them, but what I will say is anyone saying, including Steeda, it will cause damage to any part of the clutch is incorrect. The spring is for engagement only. I use this example again of the compound bow and how it alows a 10 year old to pull a 110lb string back with little effort.
Guys have been pulling these things out for years before Steeda came out with there version.
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Exactly.... ^^^^

The spring is designed to lighten the clutch, anyway. Not really seeing how it can also provide lift to the pedal. It would be fighting itself. I haven't really looked at the mechanism to figure it out, I'm really not concerned if it does wear my clutch a tiny bit faster.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
If you bleed the clutch it returns to the top (removes the slop at the top) after removing the spring. It is an overcenter design, it does hold the pedal up slightly, as well as aid clutch feel for regular folk.

Beanpole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, 2003 Honda CBR600RR
Shift 1-2 below 2k revs or above 3k and its easier to be smooth from what I've found.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did without the spring and with the steeda spring ..for my personal driving style i like the steeda spring .. stock spring was put in for people who like it real light or dont have alot of exp with manual trannys, for me personally the stock spring didnt have any feel, was numb to me , but ive been driving manuals for over 25 yrs so . comes down to personal pref i believe

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
First to second on this car has to be the worst of any manual I've driven. Arrording to Lund there is no rev hang but many of us beg to differ.
There's none in the tuning. The heavy flywheel takes a few seconds to dissipate the momentum. I replaced mine with an aluminum one, and I no logner have the rev hang.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Mine is still 100% stock but after reading this post I'm considering the Steeda spring. The 1-2 is difficult as others have stated, and a cold engine makes it worse. Rev'ing it a bit more than normal (above 2500 RPM) reduces the problem for me.

As for the "rev hang", I find it very frustrating. If I accelerate briskly to highway speed and go from 4th to 6th the computer is keeping the wrong RPM and there's a noticeable "thump" when I release the clutch (like I was holding a higher RPM than necessary when shifting). I see the same thing at highway speed by shifting to neutral, RPM hangs for a while before returning to idle.

If it's not going to REV MATCH to the gear I select I'd rather it just obey my throttle commands and stop trying to predict my behavior.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It doesn't rev match to the gear you select. It drops the rpms for a single upshift. So if you do a 4-6 shift, it will drop the rpm to what it should be for 5th, not 6th. So just let the clutch out slower and everything will be smooth. It works well once you figure out what it's trying to do.

As far as the spring goes, I went with the Steeda spring and it greatly improved the feel of the clutch. My 1-2 shifts are now nice and smooth regardless of rpm. By far the best $10 spent on the car.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It doesn't rev match to the gear you select. It drops the rpms for a single upshift. So if you do a 4-6 shift, it will drop the rpm to what it should be for 5th, not 6th. So just let the clutch out slower and everything will be smooth. It works well once you figure out what it's trying to do.

As far as the spring goes, I went with the Steeda spring and it greatly improved the feel of the clutch. My 1-2 shifts are now nice and smooth regardless of rpm. By far the best $10 spent on the car.
Wait... what? It does this?

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Maybe it's just a mispreception, but after my tune I felt the rev hang disepate quite a bit. It's still there, but not nearly like before the tune.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Don't just remove spring you will ruin clutch. Replace spring with steeda 35lb spring google steeda autosports. I changed mine and I never had the problem you are describing again.
Do this RIGHT NOW - the Steeda spring is the best $20 you can spend you your new Mustang. Really its that good...get it. NOW....
Sponsored