Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
hlfbkd420,

Excellent news!! I'm encouraged.

I would accept being a spank'ee' against a Redeye, but obviously I would rather be the spank'er'.
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
One thing to keep in mind is, all else equal (i.e., same drag, trans., etc.), a 400 hp, 4000 lbs car will be quicker at higher speeds than a 300 hp, 3000 lbs car despite the same lbs/hp ratio, since weight becomes less important as speed increases as aero drag becomes the dominant force. The extra 100 hp will be used to accelerate the car and to combat air resistance more effectively than the lighter, less powerful car.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
New pulley is in, will get it installed this week and then get things lined up!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have raced a few since then. Both at the strip and In Mexico. Haven’t lost yet!

Sponsored

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I sent the Redeye owner texts telling him whenever he was ready. He never responded. Before he dropped off texting, he as saying how heavy his Redeye was. He backed out; I did not.

I have since, on safe open roads, had few runs. One was with a Hellcat wide body and it was not even close. I gapped him several car lengths. One was with a 392 and I am pretty sure he had a turbo, was very close, and when I started pulling on him, he let up, twice.

hlfbkd420,

Thanks for the post. I think I could pull a Redeye with my set up, for a lot less than what a Redeye costs.

Last edited:

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
I sent the Redeye owner texts telling him whenever he was ready. He never responded. Before he dropped off texting, we as saying how heavy his Redeye was. He backed out; I did not.

I have since, on safe open roads, had few runs. One was with a Hellcat wide body and it was not even close. I gapped him several car lengths. One was with a 392 and I am pretty sure he had a turbo, was very close, and when I started pulling on him, he let up, twice.

hlfbkd420,

Thanks for the post. I think I could pull a Redeye with my set up, for a lot less than what a Redeye costs.
hell yeah this was a fun ass thread to read

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
I sent the Redeye owner texts telling him whenever he was ready. He never responded. Before he dropped off texting, we as saying how heavy his Redeye was. He backed out; I did not.

hlfbkd420,

id like to see 4.5 whippled 10 speed against a demon lol

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

hlfbkd420,

No doubt. My GT with boost and minimal mods will beat a stock Redeye for half the price.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT

hlfbkd420,

Haha.
I have a modest build with a VMP GEN2R on my 17 GT. Making 611 wheel I can walk a regular stock Hellcat. Last time I ran one he pulled up after the run and claimed he was using the 500 HP key. Sure buddy!!

Sponsored

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I have a 16 gt with roush blower and when I was stage 2, 93 fuel and 80mm pulley I was neck to neck with my buddies challenger red eye. I estimate the car making about 620-630whp with 6r80 auto premium gt fully loaded. It was pretty much however got the hit kept the lead but at higher speeds I would barely start inching away. My car is now stage 3 which includes a bigger throttle body and cold air I take which is good for another 20-25whp but never got to run him again because he sold it but I’m sure I would of definitely beat him now.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Any boosted gen 3 with a proper custom tune and 93 octane or e85 should make 700 rwhp easy.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, fun thread but didn't end like I thought it would.

Just for fun, I've had a total of 9 runs with my 2018 in the past 3.5 years. 3 when it was bone stock, and 6 since boosted.

Won: 9
Lost: 0

But one day, someone is going to give me a "1".

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yeah, fun thread but didn't end like I thought it would.

Just for fun, I've had a total of 9 runs with my 2018 in the past 3.5 years. 3 when it was bone stock, and 6 since boosted.

Won: 9
Lost: 0

But one day, someone is going to give a me "1".
my first was a zl1.

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Wheels are most important at these hp ranges. Red eyes are slaw as F off the line on stock wheels. One at my local drag strip runs 12s all day
Sponsored