Sponsored

HR361 Caliperfexion stud installation highlights

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who buys the kit should get the extension sleeves. I didn't and regret it.
need to order new ones for the new car....kept my extension sleeves....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
need to order new ones for the new car....kept my extension sleeves....
Do me a favor and get an extra set of extension sleeves. I'm sure he is doing flat rate shipping. I'll send you the paypal for $42

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Iā€™ll ask here While I go on line and start searching.

tried mounting the replica wheels today in the front. Iā€™m using open ended lugs because of the long studs. My deep well impact socket is not deep enough to allow me to run the lugs all the way dow !!!! WTF!!!!!

what are you guys using? Are there extra deep well sockets ????

never had this issue before.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Iā€™ll ask here While I go on line and start searching.

tried mounting the replica wheels today in the front. Iā€™m using open ended lugs because of the long studs. My deep well impact socket is not deep enough to allow me to run the lugs all the way dow !!!! WTF!!!!!

what are you guys using? Are there extra deep well sockets ????

never had this issue before.
Yes, and there are specialty lugs so that you don't have to look at long pieces of stud sticking out.

Look at the signature titanium lugs, pricey, but they sure are nice.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Tom. I just did a brief search on google and saw that Loweā€™s sales extra deep impact sockets.
Gonna run over there tomorrow and look for the size I need.

Im doing an open lug nut first and then a closed long(er) enclosed lug nut on top to avoid corrosion on the studs.

Iā€™ve heard about the titanium lugs. Gonna look into those.

Sponsored

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
How long ago did you order your set? I sent them an email a few minutes ago asking if they were still sending a T60 when I realized they had shipped my order around 2pm!!!

Iā€™d hate to have two of those T60 laying around. Like Tom said, Iā€™ll probably never use it again.

I got the project 6GR replicas.
182CD79B-3705-44EC-96A3-049C23711147.jpeg

If youā€™re running 19ā€ 6GR you have minimal clear and between the barrel and your calipers. I had them on my car and rocks and debris alway got caught in that area. I wouldnā€™t even track with them due to that.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
If youā€™re running 19ā€ 6GR you have minimal clear and between the barrel and your calipers. I had them on my car and rocks and debris alway got caught in that area. I wouldnā€™t even track with them due to that.
yep, those are the ones I have. Did you run them on the streets? Any severe damage on the calipers ?

Really annoyed with myself for not realizing that these were gonna have such tight clearances. I knew about the issue prior to purchase but I thought these were the ones WITHOUT that issue. The good thing about having wheels you donā€™t really like or care for is that you donā€™t care about them getting damaged haha.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Caliperfexion kit showed up today. Great quality, the extenders are a must get for such a reasonable price
B9AF343D-CF54-4900-9035-901AD3DE0CFF.jpeg
4F9F6238-9272-4A26-9C98-A9C1481096B4.jpeg

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep, those are the ones I have. Did you run them on the streets? Any severe damage on the calipers ?

Really annoyed with myself for not realizing that these were gonna have such tight clearances. I knew about the issue prior to purchase but I thought these were the ones WITHOUT that issue. The good thing about having wheels you donā€™t really like or care for is that you donā€™t care about them getting damaged haha.

My calipers have marks and scratches on top from the clearance being so tight. Granted its just cosmetic but they should make GT350 owners aware of the tight tolerance and push these wheels on NON GT350 Mustangs. (Thats just my humble opinion though). I sold mine for cheap and went with a much better quality wheel set up.

On another note. The brake studs are going to make your life so much easier during brake changes. Have fun with the install.

Last edited:

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
My rotors have marks and scratches on top from the clearance being so tight. Granted its just cosmetic but they should make GT350 owners aware of the tight tolerance and push these wheels on NON GT350 Mustangs. (Thats just my humble opinion though). I sold mine for cheap and went with a much better quality wheel set up.

On another note. The brake studs are going to make your life so much easier during brake changes. Have fun with the install.
You got pictures of your wheel setup?

i'm considering getting rid of these replicas for something with more clearance.

thanks for the well wishes, install should be a breeze, hardest part will be cleaning out the threads before installing the studs.

Sponsored

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I w
You got pictures of your wheel setup?

i'm considering getting rid of these replicas for something with more clearance.

thanks for the well wishes, install should be a breeze, hardest part will be cleaning out the threads before installing the studs.

Yeah Iā€™ll take some later. And if you like them Iā€™ll put you in direct contact with my rep.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
@Docscurlock , looking for another set of 6GRs?

@Alain , consider @50 Deep ā€˜s Signature Wheels for your R. Best bargain on the forum. Terence has exactly what you want.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Docscurlock is looking for some 6GRs?
I donā€™t know but he bought a set off me last year. Heā€™s got quite a stable so thatā€™s why I tagged him.
Sponsored