Sponsored

Do you re-torque your Caliperfexion studs into the knuckle?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just finished installing my Caliperfexion studs. The 5 ft/lbs required to tighten the stud into the knuckle seems almost finger tight. I assume that the thread locker prevents it from backing out?

Do you guys ever re-tighten the studs into the knuckle?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I just finished installing my Caliperfexion studs. The 5 ft/lbs required to tighten the stud into the knuckle seems almost finger tight. I assume that the thread locker prevents it from backing out?

Do you guys ever re-tighten the studs into the knuckle?
No, I’ve never re-torqued mine.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You don't "retorque" anything that has threadlocker on it. You should have verified the projection dimension before it cured too.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
You don't "retorque" anything that has threadlocker on it. You should have verified the projection dimension before it cured too.
Right. Please forgive the imprecise language. I was basically asking if anyone has had their studs loosen on them over time (thus necessitating a re-install or "re-torque" if you will) and/or whether there is a good way to monitor if the studs are loosening.

And yes I verified the projection dimensions.

Top stud driver's side: 87.55 mm
Bottom stud driver's side: 87.44 mm
Top stud passenger's side: 87.41 mm
Bottom stud passenger's side: 87.42 mm

I believe 3 7/16th inch equates to 87.312 mm and +/- 1/16th inch equates to 1.5875 mm

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There you go.

Because that area of the knuckle sees little temperature variance due to heat cycling, etc, a properly installed fastener won't see degradation of a torqued/chemically bonded joint. However, it would be prudent to verify torque settings at the nut end over time.
Sponsored