Sponsored

HPDE Suspension thoughts

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I believe they are refering to the 6 piston brembos from the performance pack cars.
I'm seeing a couple of different brake packages by Ford and I'm trying to find the correct one for this. thanks.

OP
OP
MikeJ1033

MikeJ1033

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I went with thew Brembo / Ford Performance 6 piston front brake upgrade kit. I purchased thru opmustang with Gloc pads. I know there are some different part numbers listed with them and I believe some of that references the caliper finish but I am not 100% sure. I know you can get them in gloss black with white lettering (50th anniversary edition) , matte finish with red/orange lettering (standard performance pack), and I have seen gloss red now with white lettering (Bullitt edition). Same caliper either way. Hopefully that helps. If you check

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Are the PP rear brakes, calipers and rotors, the same as the standard GT brakes?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Are the PP rear brakes, calipers and rotors, the same as the standard GT brakes?
Yes, all GTs regardless of options or packages have the same exact rear brakes (rotors, calipers, pads, lines etc.)

The PP only upgrades the front brakes.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
thanks!

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Yes, all GTs regardless of options or packages have the same exact rear brakes (rotors, calipers, pads, lines etc.)

The PP only upgrades the front brakes.
And the master cylinder to drive those front calipers.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
And the master cylinder to drive those front calipers.
Yes, I've been reading that my GT Master cylinder will work with the PP Brembo front brakes. Correct?

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Yes, I've been reading that my GT Master cylinder will work with the PP Brembo front brakes. Correct?
It will work, but you wont be getting the correct amount of pressure for the larger calipers. It won't put you through a guard rail, but the engineers put a larger MC on the PP for a reason.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
It will work, but you wont be getting the correct amount of pressure for the larger calipers. It won't put you through a guard rail, but the engineers put a larger MC on the PP for a reason.
Would it be better if I just put some better pads on my stock 4-piston GT calipers?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Pedal effort being one of them. When you do the calculations for how the hydraulic bias changes, and factor in the rotor size change for the PP, the brake bias changes less than half a percent. Bore size alone will not change brake bias in a bled brake system, only the force required to generate a given line pressure. It's possible that the MC has different internal biasing, but irrespective of that, the bias change is insignificant.

The math was also double checked and confirmed by Billy Johnson.
Screenshot_2019-05-01-20-41-37.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would it be better if I just put some better pads on my stock 4-piston GT calipers?
How serious are you about tracking the car? If anything more than the rare HPDE or autocross, do the Brembos. You can also keep the calipers and do a 2 pc rotor from Steeda or Baer. For that money you might as well do the Brembos.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
If I understand your calculations above I can go ahead and add the PP Brembo brakes to my GT and be ok? Yes, rare HPDE or autocross is what I'm looking at.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I understand your calculations above I can go ahead and add the PP Brembo brakes to my GT and be ok? Yes, rare HPDE or autocross is what I'm looking at.
Yes.

Jay'sGtCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang GT
Invest in more track days, seat time, and tires. You'll realize when you need upgrades once you start going fast enough and start wearing out the outer shoulders of your front tires. Get camber plates.

If you really want, get wider wheels and tires to extend the life out of the tires on track. If you have money to blow, sure start modding your car. Far too many beginners spend too much on parts and not enough on track days and tires because it's "too expensive".
Good info. All I'm doing before my first track days is new / upgraded Front brakes. Tires are about new. Only a few thousand miles on them.
Sponsored