Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mike,

Was Rodney able to answer your questions? Please let me know if I can help assist further.

TJ
Sponsored

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
Just my opinion but I agree with getting seat time till you can safely out drive your car while still being in control and being quick.

What set me off on my suspension quest was riding with my instructor at an HPDE in his s197 with JRZ RS Pros. What I felt was more like a Lamborghini experience instead of a Mustang. Because of that test ride along with my 3 years of tracking my s550 I decided to pull the trigger on the same parts. JRZ RS Pros with hypercoil springs and vorshlag caster/camber plates.

What I love is that I can run it stiff for the track and then put it back to soft so my wife and daughter are comfortable for weekend drives.

Point is at the end of the day, it's your money, your car, build it to suit your needs and take forum recommendations with a grain of salt. Ask around at your next event and see if you can experience it yourself.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
What set me off on my suspension quest was riding with my instructor at an HPDE in his s197 with JRZ RS Pros. What I felt was more like a Lamborghini experience instead of a Mustang. Because of that test ride along with my 3 years of tracking my s550 I decided to pull the trigger on the same parts. JRZ RS Pros with hypercoil springs and vorshlag caster/camber plates.
Did you do a writeup on this setup? I am curious to hear how you like it. Anything you would do differently etc

suprmario96

Hi3 Motorsports
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Mustang GT/6S Oxford White
Did you do a writeup on this setup? I am curious to hear how you like it. Anything you would do differently etc
I haven't and didnt see one either when I was looking. Let me see if I write something up this month.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Is anyone finding benefits running the irs braces or bushings for lapping? Where is the best place to start?

The sales pitch on these parts is focused on wheel hop (IE the drag racing crowd), but I can feel movement back there even on the factory performance pack Pirelli tires.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone finding benefits running the irs braces or bushings for lapping? Where is the best place to start?

The sales pitch on these parts is focused on wheel hop (IE the drag racing crowd), but I can feel movement back there even on the factory performance pack Pirelli tires.
I bought exclusively for the handling benefits as I don't really drag race at all. The BMR CB010 + CB762 is going to be about as solid as it gets for IRS control, and yes there are quite tangible benefits. FWIW, Kohr Motorsports runs something just like the CB010 on their GT4 racecars.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why not CB005?
No reason not to. I'll keep my CB005 when I eventually do the CB762, but if starting from nothing I'd probably do the CB010 + CB762.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Invest in more track days, seat time, and tires. You'll realize when you need upgrades once you start going fast enough and start wearing out the outer shoulders of your front tires. Get camber plates.

If you really want, get wider wheels and tires to extend the life out of the tires on track. If you have money to blow, sure start modding your car. Far too many beginners spend too much on parts and not enough on track days and tires because it's "too expensive".

OP
OP
MikeJ1033

MikeJ1033

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info and assistance. I may hold off for another year

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I upgraded to the Brembo package and will likely run Gloc pads this year. Going to install the FTB or JLT brake cooling kit also (likely while installing front suspension). I Have a GT Premium so the suspension is bone stock. Also running heavier BG diff oil from opmustang. Haven't experienced too much overheating on the diff like some other people have. I may do some exhaust wrap while I am at it for a little extra help.

Good to know on the camber plates, I am leaning toward just biting the bullet and doing them now versus wishing I would have later.

Any advice from anyone on any manufacturer combo's that did not get along and/or not go as planned?
Which Brembo package did you go with?
Sponsored