Not open for further replies.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
In my experience, you don't need wider throttle pedal, the placement of the pedal is fine. The heel-toe used when you braking hard before corner that will level the brake and throttle pedals. This will allow to roll your foot easily over throttle pedal. In normal street driving it's rarely used. But on the track is where this technique is needed the most.
So true. Honeybadger has a video that shows him heel-toe on the track and you’ll see that hard braking makes it much easier.
Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
We had a saying in the Army, "Train as you fight and fight as you train" meaning that if you want to get good at heel/toe you need to use it every day and develop the muscle memory it takes to do it right.
See I dont think you can practice it every day on the street because you have to brake hard to develop the proper muscle memory. Doing it on daily driving will develop bad habits in my opinion. This is for a gt350 anyway where unless your beaking hard heel toeing isn't as easy as some other vehicles. All in my opinion

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you’re considering a downshift blip module, I would only consider the unit by Xineering (not sure how more guys aren’t aware of them yet). You don’t have to tap your DBW and you won’t have issues with it not working on track. Much higher quality unit with plug and play throttle, brake, and clutch connections. Just tap any 12v source and the brake light circuit and you’re in business. I added an on/off switch to mine and wired it to the center console.

There’s nothing wrong with heel toe downshifting but it is much more confidence inspiring with a blip module going into a braking zone at 140+mph.

Last edited:

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
If you’re considering a downshift blip module, I would only consider the unit by Xineering (not sure how more guys aren’t aware of them yet). You don’t have to tap your DBW and you won’t have issues with it not working on track. Much higher quality unit with plug and play throttle, brake, and clutch connections. Just tap any 12v source and the brake light circuit and you’re in business. I added an on/off switch to mine and wired it to the center console..
So you lose the quick adjust ability of the parameters on track (not a huge deal once you find what you like, but still...), but gain a harness for the pedal connections? what makes it much higher quality and what's the price point?

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
See I dont think you can practice it every day on the street because you have to brake hard to develop the proper muscle memory. Doing it on daily driving will develop bad habits in my opinion. This is for a gt350 anyway where unless your beaking hard heel toeing isn't as easy as some other vehicles. All in my opinion
At the Corvette school, they teach heel/toe down shifting without heavy brake pressure. It's about consistency of pedal pressure and heel/toe motion. It is easily practiced and achieved at normal speeds in traffic. In my case I leave my heel on the floor and move my foot to the brake while stabbing the throttle with the right side of my shoe while applying even brake pressure. It's hard to do and that's why you need to practice every day. I actually turn off the heel/toe application on the Vette and use heel/toe exclusively. I will admit however that it's nice to not have one more thing to think about when you are going down 2 or 3 gears from 140mph. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Just be aware Ford changed the gas pedal in middle of 2017. Your autoblip will only work till mid 2017 Models. I only know this because I purchased one from a 2016 owner and found it would not work on my 2018.
Wrong. There are two diff versions from autoblip. One is 12v one 5.5v. The latter is rare and is mixed in on 2017-18 MYs. You can specify which you need by checking voltage. CS at autoblip is awesome.

As for the unit itself, It’s amazing. Love mine.

edit to add: didn’t mean to sound snarky. Mobile is hard lol

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Wrong. There are two diff versions from autoblip. One is 12v one 5.5v. The latter is rare and is mixed in on 2017-18 MYs. You can specify which you need by checking voltage. CS at autoblip is awesome.

As for the unit itself, It’s amazing. Love mine.

edit to add: didn’t mean to sound snarky. Mobile is hard lol
A friend of mine whose been racing for years brought up that he likes the auto-blip due to the clutch wear and tear savings. He mentioned how the clutch can wear so much faster on track compared to on the street due to increased load and heat. His comment was, “no matter how good you are at heel-toe, you’ll never be as good as a computer.”

He also agreed with many of you that it’s completely worthless on the street.

I think I’ll be buying a used one or ordering new once receiving clarification from auto-blip on voltage differences for different units.
Thanks for everyone’s input, it’s been very helpful.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
A friend of mine whose been racing for years brought up that he likes the auto-blip due to the clutch wear and tear savings. He mentioned how the clutch can wear so much faster on track compared to on the street due to increased load and heat. His comment was, “no matter how good you are at heel-toe, you’ll never be as good as a computer.”

He also agreed with many of you that it’s completely worthless on the street.

I think I’ll be buying a used one or ordering new once receiving clarification from auto-blip on voltage differences for different units.
Thanks for everyone’s input, it’s been very helpful.
I actually use mine for any sort of spirited driving.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
At the Corvette school, they teach heel/toe down shifting without heavy brake pressure. It's about consistency of pedal pressure and heel/toe motion. It is easily practiced and achieved at normal speeds in traffic. In my case I leave my heel on the floor and move my foot to the brake while stabbing the throttle with the right side of my shoe while applying even brake pressure. It's hard to do and that's why you need to practice every day. I actually turn off the heel/toe application on the Vette and use heel/toe exclusively. I will admit however that it's nice to not have one more thing to think about when you are going down 2 or 3 gears from 140mph. Just my opinion.
Yeah fair enough. I havent been able to heel toe in the gt350 without hard braking, maybe just my feet. I have in other cars. Hey if you can practice it without almost causing a crash everytime you brake on the street then fill your boots

Sponsored

jashton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So you lose the quick adjust ability of the parameters on track (not a huge deal once you find what you like, but still...), but gain a harness for the pedal connections? what makes it much higher quality and what's the price point?
The biggest difference in quality starts by not tapping your DBW, which is extremely sensitive, and compromises the units reliability immediately. That alone is a very big deal. I've spoken directly with several owners that have had issues with it randomly not working on track (yes, they checked their DBW connection) and that's what led me down the rabbit hole of searching for a better solution. I wasn't willing to spend $400 on something that was hit or miss and ended up calling Xineering.

The Xineering setup is actually more customizable via their software. You're not going to be adjusting it while driving on track anyways. I adjusted mine between sessions and will probably never touch it again. I actually find it beneficial to not have the knobs which could potentially get moved around by accident.

Here's the paramaters you can adjust:
  • Target Throttle Blip %
  • Delay after trigger for blip (ms)
  • Duration of blip (ms)
  • Clutch Pos %
  • Min. time between blips (ms)
I'm not sure if the threads are deleted now that AutoBlip is a sponsor, but I know a few guys on the TMO forum had posted about making the switch. That's how I initially found out about Xineering.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
That xineering piece was interesting to me until I found out no 12v option.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
That xineering piece was interesting to me until I found out no 12v option.
so it doesn't work with the majority of GT350's? That seems bizarre to me... or do I have it backwards? I thought most were 12v and a few were 5.5v....

The docs says 0-12v

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I have an Autoblip removed from my 2016 Shelby PM me for price. I can send photos. (sold the car). Loved the Autoblip... I can't heal toe either
The company that makes auto blip confirmed for me that units made for the 2016 will work with 2019-2020’s, so I’m
Assuming just 17’s were the odd ducks from a voltage standpoint. No clue if 19’s are 12v or 6v yet as I haven’t tested.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’ve got a couple of “new guy” questions.
Is this xineering going to void my warranty?
Can you link any videos on installation and someone actually using this auto blip on the GT350? Yes I checked.
I also don’t understand why this wouldn’t be beneficial during spirited street driving, in particular twisty mountain roads.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.