Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
LOL our cars leave Flat Rock with misaligned panels.
My '15 is a poster child for misaligned body panels. It would probably benefit from a deer collision or two and subsequent repairs....
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My '15 is a poster child for misaligned body panels. It would probably benefit from a deer collision or two and subsequent repairs....
To knock the panels back into realignment? 😄

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Check and verify they are using OEM parts not some aftermarket pieces. You would need and entire quarter panel and likely a new door , as that is probably cheaper than all the prep to get the door right. Add primer, paint and more I would tend to believe that is light also. Is your Insurance telling you where to go, as you can usually ( in most States ) go to the place you desire to fix your car.
If you dont want dentless repair and then bondon the rear quarter panel and door assembly and if the tabs arent broke on the lower side skirt they could sand, prime and paint. Doesnt look like any frame damage. Good luck. I guess Under $5k

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
To be frank DougS550 I have no idea why you are using my quote as I am not talking anything about ventless repair or bondoing the rear quarter. Frankly I would not accept a putty and dent popping situation and frankly it is too far gone to try and do dent removal. Sorry, I am confused at your usage of my quote, so felt I should drop a quick note.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
To be frank DougS550 I have no idea why you are using my quote as I am not talking anything about ventless repair or bondoing the rear quarter. Frankly I would not accept a putty and dent popping situation and frankly it is too far gone to try and do dent removal. Sorry, I am confused at your usage of my quote, so felt I should drop a quick note.
I don't see the confusion. These are the options you will be confronted with when your insurance tells you what they WILL OR WILL NOT pay for. OEM Parts paid for by insurance will depend on your policy. Most will pay for OEM for like the first year from DOM, some cheaper policies only pay for aftermarket. All depends on your insurance. Good Luck

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
Yeahhhhh if you look at the pictures there's no way to pop it and fill it it's quoted for a new door skin and new rear quarter section

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
Doug, I am stating I said nothing for you to quote me and then discuss bondo and dentless repair. Your response to what I wrote made no sense so I questioned your use of it. I fully understand the process, as I spent 10 years in the Insurance business, 30+ in Automotive Sales and Service and have helped folks around the US get coverage for accidents.

Now let's move on since Bullitt s550, you , and I all have S550s of sorts.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Doug, I am stating I said nothing for you to quote me and then discuss bondo and dentless repair. Your response to what I wrote made no sense so I questioned your use of it. I fully understand the process, as I spent 10 years in the Insurance business, 30+ in Automotive Sales and Service and have helped folks around the US get coverage for accidents.

Now let's move on since Bullitt s550, you , and I all have S550s of sorts.
Again, Great to Hear. Good Luck

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
THe worst part is now it has the "accident reported" scarlet letter on the car fax reports.
No big deal if you keep it for a long time though.

Happy you are OK and the car is still drivable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
THe worst part is now it has the "accident reported" scarlet letter on the car fax reports.
No big deal if you keep it for a long time though.

Happy you are OK and the car is still drivable.
Yup but it is what it is told a buddy it's cause the car wants me to keep it i had been talking about trading it in the day prior for something else lol

OP
OP
Bullitt_s550

Bullitt_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 89 k5
Actually got it back Thursday has one run in the door jam they are gonna fix and my park sensors have a fault they are going to fix other then that it's perfectly fine

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE