Sponsored

Hood Vents

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Well it does if you want more surface area to bond the two parts together and prevent failure....nothing to do with reversing the mod lol
Yeh, exactly that. My guys was keen to cut the smallest hole possible and worked more on taking as much of the under-casing of the vent away to leave as much glue-able area as possible.

He didn't figure on me being a prick and leaning on the bonnet just in front of the vent though!!
Sponsored

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Does anyone have the MMD Hood Vent Scoops? Im looking to get some vents but not sure what ones to go for...

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the MMD Hood Vent Scoops? Im looking to get some vents but not sure what ones to go for...
Not that i've seen but fitting will be the same.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I have been looking at the Roush ones. They look cool.

mm, just looked at the MMD ones, they kind of look like genuine ones the wrong way round!!

Sponsored

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017

mm, just looked at the MMD ones, they kind of look like genuine ones the wrong way round!!
Yes i did find this a little weird, thats why i wanted to know if anyone had them. To see if they looked out of place being the opposite way round.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
You cant bolt them. We are having to do a bodge job because ford didn't supply our cars with them and the hood is not designed to take them. Did you find a way to bolt them?
I did bolt mine down thru the top skin of the hood..i also used the drake heat extractors that I modified
..i would not recommend just using epoxy bonding glue or just 3M tape especially when these cars easily go over a hundred twenty miles an hour you're just waiting for something bad to happen.
20160723_150858-1200x1600.jpg
20160830_202348-1600x1200.jpg

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra

they do have simulated Roush heat extractors that just go on with tape that they sell on eBay

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I did bolt mine down thru the top skin of the hood..i also used the drake heat extractors that I modified
..i would not recommend just using epoxy bonding glue or just 3M tape especially when these cars easily go over a hundred twenty miles an hour you're just waiting for something bad to happen.
mmm, nice one.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice one, not sure how I'd get a bolt into mine, but a good idea.

Mine at least are stuck on with 3m Polyurathene sealant something like this I think
http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...esive-Sealant-540?N=5002385+3293013851&rt=rud

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I will have a look when we install mine.

Having said that, I do thinking that bonding should be fine if done right and people dont lean on the wrong place. Blimey they stick spoilers on with it so a vent should be fine.
Then stick spoilers on with 3m tape as well and that's fine. Seen side skirts have winglets put on with sealants, I've personally installed mesh grilles with tiger seal, alls been fine. I'd assume if any were to fly off it'd be in this order (By air force impact):
Grilles, as literally eating air
Spoiler, downforce
Vents pushing, out air inside the hood
Winglets

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I will have a look when we install mine.

Having said that, I do thinking that bonding should be fine if done right and people dont lean on the wrong place. Blimey they stick spoilers on with it so a vent should be fine.
Also think to drill you'd have to split the plastic lower bit from the vent, which is no easy task, put a screw through that and drill upwards, wouldn't work on mine unless I latched the bolt through the second skin as the first skin is a big hole now ;)!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Despite the latest stories with the vents detaching, im finally booked in with ModurStang on 21st August.

Bit of a road trip, but should be worth it.

Having the Starkey LED indicators fitted in the vents at the same time.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Despite the latest stories with the vents detaching, im finally booked in with ModurStang on 21st August.

Bit of a road trip, but should be worth it.

Having the Starkey LED indicators fitted in the vents at the same time.
Tell him to use a stronger bond or research your own and take that with you :thumbsup:
Sponsored