The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well.. if you're not on facebook, you may not know that my most recent mod that's coming is hood vents! Did a little group buy on facebook and a few of us [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] [MENTION=22689]Pedestrian[/MENTION] [MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION](Now [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]) and another James) bought 5 hood vents, 1 for each of us obviously (2 DIB, 1 RR, 1 OMM, 1 CO) Mine, [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] [MENTION=22689]Pedestrian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] 's are going Gloss black (courtesy of my paint guy). Then mine are off to be installed with Mike at Modurstang (my first trip there :O!) hopefully first week of May!

Went through stackry for the group buy, obviously, and I'm only paying £17 in tax (£3.40 each!) postage was 3-8 days on DHL express which was 20cents more expensive than 8-15 days on DHL global economy. ($111.70), which again, split between 5 of us, is naff all!

It's going to cost me more to have my hood cut up than it is to actually buy and import the bleeding things - but I can't wait, this coupled with my Wheels from [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] and my rear sequentials should finish the car off nicely (he says....)

Will post pics of vents when they come / when they're painted and when they're on :D!
Sponsored

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Excellent, good work.

I have my Hood Vents being fitted on the 10th May by Mike @ modurstang. He is also fitting my US lower grille. Then 13th will be on the Simply Mustang stand at Castle Combe.

I'm leaving mine Magnetic but Gloss Black will look ace.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I'll post my pics as well when Mike does them next Thursday :)

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed, James' is leaving his Magnetic, but Gibbo, Myself, Sheps and Pedestrian are all going gloss black.

Still waiting on mike for a date, I asked yesterday for the first week of May, so will see what he says. When I was speaking to him, he said he's the only person he trusts cutting the hood and wont let any of his guys on it :lol: so said having 2 in a day is the maximum he could do, but he likes to only do the one.

Been quoted £200 cash and 3-4 hours work, but potentially more if anything goes wrong (which he said he doubts it will), how about you?

@Lone Survivor you'll be there the same day as @Greg _C you must be the "two cars I have to fit in" he was on about lol! You gone black or left them RuRed?

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mate, i might go matte black wrap at some point :shrug:

Yeah Mike is chockablock next week, if he can fit it in he's doing the MGW shifter as well, the main aim is the vents though, I can get the MGW done up here, I trust this man Mike with the hood vents, I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else.

[MENTION=20047]CapitanPug[/MENTION] got the MGW done at place we both know we'll, so they've had a practice on fitting one :lol:

I got the vents about 6-8 months ago, was just biding my time re a place to fit them.

Fortis on Monday for the headlights, in London for a few days then a night in Chipping Norton, before stopping off at a mates outside Blackpool :headbang:

Cheese City :first:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION], wow sounds like one hell of a week for you then! I was the same with the vents, I wouldn't trust anyone else on them, I know mike will be precise and pedantic about it, which makes it worth the travel and the time off work (I'll just take annual leave so be paid to watch my car get cut up lol!) No idea how long or complex the shifter is to install either, but, rather he do the vents slowly than rush them to try and fit the shifter in too!!!

Matte black could work on them with your stripes, no idea how hard they'll be to fit them.

I'm going gloss black, but I may end up having a gloss black roof or wing mirrors too, but will have to wait and see.

Your cars gonna come back up looking totally different when it comes back up. But badazz none the less ;)!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Sounds nice, shame the group buy didnt make it on here, otherwise you would have had some more participants ;)

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds nice, shame the group buy didnt make it on here, otherwise you would have had some more participants ;)
I have no doubt about that, it was a bit of an impulse buy, I never actually intended to group buy them at all, it just kind of happened, Sheps wanted one, then James, then the other James... Then Pedestrian ordered a day later and sent them to my stackry.... The joys :lol:! Glad it did, worked out way cheaper!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The funny thing is, the FRPP Strut Brace, which was the first thing I bought, long before I had the car, is still sitting in my garage, needs painted/dipped, I'd like it to match the coil and engine cover, I'll get round to it before my trip to France.

Gonna be a hell of a week, going to be a hell of a costly week, but one that'll hopefully induce some :)'s

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing is, the FRPP Strut Brace, which was the first thing I bought, long before I had the car, is still sitting in my garage, needs painted/dipped, I'd like it to match the coil and engine cover, I'll get round to it before my trip to France.

Gonna be a hell of a week, going to be a hell of a costly week, but one that'll hopefully induce some :)'s
Stop by Birmingham you can come laugh at a young ecoboost owner giving the car some revs trying to sound loud.... ;)!

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stop by Birmingham you can come laugh at a young ecoboost owner giving the car some revs trying to sound loud.... ;)!
Cheers for the offer :thumbsup: I'll be going straight to Blackpool, I'm gonna need alcohol ASAP after spending this amount of money :crazy: :headbang:

Get yer arse up to hoop hoo land, gonna be putting together a weekend meet in August sometime, three night tour :cool:

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers for the offer :thumbsup: I'll be going straight to Blackpool, I'm gonna need alcohol ASAP after spending this amount of money :crazy: :headbang:

Get yer arse up to hoop hoo land, gonna be putting together a weekend meet in August sometime, three night tour :cool:
Haha I feel you, after my vents, installing them, alloys (even though PJ [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] got me a good price on them) and gloss black bits, I'm feeling it... Lots of money, has to stop :crazy::crazy:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
If I had known about this earlier. I probably wouldn't have bought the cervinis hood. Too late now

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If I had known about this earlier. I probably wouldn't have bought the cervinis hood. Too late now
Ha, well, cervini's is lighter, made of Fiberglass, and has a few extra goodies on it, this is just a cheaper way of getting some vents on the car and looking badass... I never publisied it here but I'm happy if someone wants to use my Stackry to send another shipment or do their own group buy?

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Apart from looking great, does anyone know if they will help reduce/stop the bonnet 'flutter' as they reduce the air pressure under the bonnet?
Sponsored