Sponsored

Hood Vents

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Last year there was a brilliant thread on fitting the US spec hood vents onto UK cars at Modurstang and I’m thinking about having this done so just wondered how durable have they been (I know some of the early ones done became detached) and what is the best way of sourcing a set now?
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Mine have been on for almost a year.

Fitted in the nastiest coldest weather last December, so not great for the glue setting.

Have been absolutely fine, including several runs to 160mph+

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Fitted my own never had a problem.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
new take off on usa ebay

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Durability wise mine have been secured with some clamps and bolted into the hood, the "glue" (polyeurathene sealant) isn't perfect to hold it down.

In terms of buying:

New take off is where i did the group buy of 4 from and where h other 5 or so sets come from; however there's no longer a "New take off".

Levittown ford is another shout for oem.

MMD to "cool air intake" style vents, which reverse the grills to bring in air rather than push it out:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-hood-vent-scoops-prepainted-1517.html

Then OEM ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-15-17-...coop-Heat-Extractor-Insert-Vent-/282743273589

Ship the above to stackry (Free US shipping), and then use stackry to ship them, it wont cost more than £30 to ship them, i think i paid £30 for 4 sets.

you can sign up to stackry here:
https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=747473

OP
OP
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durability wise mine have been secured with some clamps and bolted into the hood, the "glue" (polyeurathene sealant) isn't perfect to hold it down.

In terms of buying:

New take off is where i did the group buy of 4 from and where h other 5 or so sets come from; however there's no longer a "New take off".

Levittown ford is another shout for oem.

MMD to "cool air intake" style vents, which reverse the grills to bring in air rather than push it out:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-hood-vent-scoops-prepainted-1517.html

Then OEM ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-15-17-...coop-Heat-Extractor-Insert-Vent-/282743273589

Ship the above to stackry (Free US shipping), and then use stackry to ship them, it wont cost more than £30 to ship them, i think i paid £30 for 4 sets.

you can sign up to stackry here:
https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=747473
Thanks for all of this information Steve - most helpful - I would have mine fitted by Mike at Modurstang as I know he’d do a great job, but I’m getting a bit nervous having heard stories of them detaching and flying off. What are your thought on this?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Thanks for all of this information Steve - most helpful - I would have mine fitted by Mike at Modurstang as I know he’d do a great job, but I’m getting a bit nervous having heard stories of them detaching and flying off. What are your thought on this?
Ask Mike. He was the one who fitted some of the vents that flew off!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Was that on one car or more?
A fair few of them have been, mikes fitted the most. Craig fitted his own and steve c had a local guy to him do his. I think Mike fitted about 6 or 7. He makes by far the neatest cuts, but the poly sealant on it's own isn't enough. If he wants to use the brackets i've had made by mike (scott not lacey) i can take some pictures and he can remake them very cheaply (we're talking pennies here).

You will need the brackets for sure.

OP
OP
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A fair few of them have been, mikes fitted the most. Craig fitted his own and steve c had a local guy to him do his. I think Mike fitted about 6 or 7. He makes by far the neatest cuts, but the poly sealant on it's own isn't enough. If he wants to use the brackets i've had made by mike (scott not lacey) i can take some pictures and he can remake them very cheaply (we're talking pennies here).

You will need the brackets for sure.
Thanks Steve Can you email me a photo of the brackets to me at [email protected] Regards Charles

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't bother, seen far to much material taken out of the hood unless you do them like i did.:like:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Steve Can you email me a photo of the brackets to me at [email protected] Regards Charles
I'll take some tonight.

Craigs vents he's cut a small hole and used a lot more bonding section. I know Steve C has done the same however Steve's also had 2 vents fly off. I don't trust the whole "sealant only" method, I'd just rather something bolted in to keep it down.
Sponsored