hood struts

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Mine must be a version one as well and I just purchased them. Is there a reason to the newer design for added support? Is there a big difference or side effect for having the older design

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Mine must be a version one as well and I just purchased them. Is there a reason to the newer design for added support? Is there a big difference or side effect for having the older design

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
We have been shipping our version 2 brackets since Aug. 2015.

[FONT=&quot]Note - this version 2 bracket is identical to our first generation bracket in every way other than the extension up onto the hood skin. It allows better support of aftermarket fiberglass and carbon fiber hoods reducing minor flex. [/FONT]

Jeff73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
I put the version 2 on my car and love them. Great fit, easy install. Only thing that would have helped would have been instructions in braille ;)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
got mine installed today. had to realign the hood on both sides to get it all to line up...what fun...

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
got mine installed today. had to realign the hood on both sides to get it all to line up...what fun...
That's why I don't want to mess with mine. My hood looks like it lines up perfectly from the outside and I'm afraid trying to adjust the hood attachment points, so I can line up the holes, will screw up my alignment.

Sponsored

btp916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP Premium
[FONT=&quot]For those with issues[FONT=&quot] with[/FONT] our version 2 hood brackets - this is a non-issue and the information below wi[FONT=&quot]ll[/FONT] explain what people are seeing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First, we designed the entire system (patent-pending) based on vehicle scan data - it is 100% perfect fit. However, due to Ford assembly line build variations with the hood and hinge, there can be slight misalignment with our hood bracket. The misalignment stems from hood being attached slightly further up on the hinge at the factory. When this is done, our bracket rotates around the top hinge bolt and rests on the hood's hinge (see our manual) putting our bracket at a slight angle. This also affects the pass-thru washer hose attachment at the top of bracket.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There [FONT=&quot]is a [/FONT]simple [FONT=&quot]solution[/FONT] to solve this... First, loosen the lower hinge nut just slightly. Then rotate the bracket up into place so the washer hose retention clip hole in the hood aligns with the hole in our hood bracket - this will move the hood a very small amount and you can then snap in the washer hose attachment where required. Then tighten b[FONT=&quot]oth nuts back up.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have tested this on many Mustangs in our shop. Most of the Ford hoods are bolted down from the factory within specifications, but some are not. Do not assume that your hood is perfectly aligned from Ford. We have found that many are not and that by putting this bracket on as described above, it will actually bring the hood into alignment - it is a very minor movement. If you are still having issues, please contact us and we will discuss further.[/FONT]
Guys I did this today while installing mine. It was easy and not an issue at all. Just had to realign the right side.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
[MENTION=10101]Redline Tuning[/MENTION] is it possible to get the version 2 if we wanted to upgrade? I see what you're saying about the extra support. But you would think it would be more important on the stock hood since it's heavier than a fiberglass or carbon aftermarket one. I do notice bounce/flex in the hood when it's up and I'm raising the car on a lift. It is a little unsettling. If the version 2 would take care of that. I'm certainly not opposed to getting them.

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
Very easy to install and full access to engine area with the stick down. Even the Ford garage mechanics like them!

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Very easy to install and full access to engine area with the stick down. Even the Ford garage mechanics like them!
:thumbsup: I'm sure the Ford service guys appreciate not having to work around a prop-rod!

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
[MENTION=10101]Redline Tuning[/MENTION] got my version 2 brackets installed! Thanks! Much better design and greatly decreases hood flex over the version 1 brackets.
Version 1

Version 2

[emoji106]
And I did have to loosen the bottom nut to get the hole to line up for the washer nozzle hose but only took 2 seconds.

Sponsored

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Added the version 2 brackets after installing the original version. Everything lined up perfectly and I did not need to adjust anything

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Added the version 2 brackets after installing the original version. Everything lined up perfectly and I did not need to adjust anything
Good to hear it all lined up. It seems that only about 10% of the builds need to readjust anything. :shrug:

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
So I went out and messed with my hinge nuts on the passenger side and was able to get the bracket lined up with the hole. Everything was great till I closed the hood to see that my racing stripes no longer lined up. SHIT!! I tried adjusting the drivers side to compensate, and no joy. Doesn't seem to be enough adjustment to get my stripes lined back up. I had to go and put the passenger side back to where it was and the stripes are lined back up again. If I didn't have the V-series stripes with the tapering edges I would have just pulled the front section off and replaced those pieces. I don't want to have to buy another whole stripe kit just to replace that 1 little section.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Just get the Steeda struts. Same deal with drilling that hole in the battery cover except you don't have all that garbage writing all over the nice shiny poles. That's the only reason I waited for Steeda's to finally drop back before they released... I want my shit to look clean.

Been using them for months now, no issues with hood alignment at all. Just a word of warning though, when you remove that tree clip to mount the plate to the hood, you'll no longer have enough distance inside the hole to get the tree clip to stay. This'll result in your washer fluid tubing sometimes getting crimped on the way to shut the hood. Just use a black ziptie and it'll keep it nice and flush with the side of the metal plate + keep it out of the way.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The Steeda hood lift kit is the same concept as ours and they have the same alignment issue with the washer hose hole on the pass side. If you don't like our logo on the side of the gas spring it is a simple sticker that can be removed.

Don't forget that we have the BEST warranty in the business:
4 Years on our QuickLIFT PLUS
5 Years on our QuickLIFT ELITE

Our warranty covers ALL components including the gas springs! Other companies offer "lifetime" warranties, but read the fine print as it doesn't cover the gas springs. Of course this is the only component of the system that can actually wear out! :cool: We stand behind our product!
Sponsored