svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
are they all created equal. I see various prices.
Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
are they all created equal. I see various prices.
No, they are not equal. Some companies actually design and develop their own systems and then other companies just copy those innovators.

We offer the BEST hood QuickLIFT system on the market with the BEST warranty and customer service.

Don't take my word on it, read on the forums and you will see why we are the leader in hood QuickLIFT systems.

Our Hood QuickLIFT PLUS has a 4 year warranty:

Our Hood QuickLIFT ELITE has a 5 year warranty:

mccoy87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2007 V6, Mustang 2010 V6, Mustang 2015 V8
Do you have to drill with your system?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Do you have to drill with your system?
Yes but they include a bit in the kit for you and it is very easy to accomplish, as it's only through the plastic battery cover for the bracket to pop through.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes but they include a bit in the kit for you and it is very easy to accomplish, as it's only through the plastic battery cover for the bracket to pop through.
Yes, as redline727 stated, the only modification is a single hole in the plastic battery cover, everything else bolts in to factory locations.

We even include the stepped drill bit in our system. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I ordered the Redline Tuning Hood Struts and my kit didn't have the stepped drill bit, and, the upper bracket on the passenger side doesn't line up to the hole in the hood where the spray nozzle line clips in. It covers half the hole, so I either have to drill the hole larger or let it hang next to the bracket. The hood still opens and closes just fine though.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
[MENTION=10101]Redline Tuning[/MENTION]
did you revise the upper mounts, i just got around to installing mine last weekend and just noticed the pictures above don't match the ones i have

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
ordered redline struts. can't wait

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
what is big difference between elite and cheaper version

Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
I ordered the Redline Tuning Hood Struts and my kit didn't have the stepped drill bit, and, the upper bracket on the passenger side doesn't line up to the hole in the hood where the spray nozzle line clips in. It covers half the hole, so I either have to drill the hole larger or let it hang next to the bracket. The hood still opens and closes just fine though.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50760&stc=1&d=1449095522

havent had ANY issues
IMG_0635[1].jpg

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Exactly, yours looks like it's even more off than mine. The hole in the bracket is supposed to line up with the hole in the hood to plug in the little guide for the washer jet line. Since the holes don't line up, I can't plug my guide in unless I drill a new hole in the hood. See pic below:
[FONT=&quot]For those with issues[FONT=&quot] with[/FONT] our version 2 hood brackets - this is a non-issue and the information below wi[FONT=&quot]ll[/FONT] explain what people are seeing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First, we designed the entire system (patent-pending) based on vehicle scan data - it is 100% perfect fit. However, due to Ford assembly line build variations with the hood and hinge, there can be slight misalignment with our hood bracket. The misalignment stems from hood being attached slightly further up on the hinge at the factory. When this is done, our bracket rotates around the top hinge bolt and rests on the hood's hinge (see our manual) putting our bracket at a slight angle. This also affects the pass-thru washer hose attachment at the top of bracket.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There [FONT=&quot]is a [/FONT]simple [FONT=&quot]solution[/FONT] to solve this... First, loosen the lower hinge nut just slightly. Then rotate the bracket up into place so the washer hose retention clip hole in the hood aligns with the hole in our hood bracket - this will move the hood a very small amount and you can then snap in the washer hose attachment where required. Then tighten b[FONT=&quot]oth nuts back up.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have tested this on many Mustangs in our shop. Most of the Ford hoods are bolted down from the factory within specifications, but some are not. Do not assume that your hood is perfectly aligned from Ford. We have found that many are not and that by putting this bracket on as described above, it will actually bring the hood into alignment - it is a very minor movement. If you are still having issues, please contact us and we will discuss further.[/FONT]

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I wanted to be able to remove the battery cover after installing Redline struts. While the cover was off the battery, I carefully made a straight cut from the drilled hole to the outer edge of the cover. Now I can remove the cover without having to unbolt the strut.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
[FONT=&quot]For those with issues[FONT=&quot] with[/FONT] our version 2 hood brackets - this is a non-issue and the information below wi[FONT=&quot]ll[/FONT] explain what people are seeing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First, we designed the entire system (patent-pending) based on vehicle scan data - it is 100% perfect fit. However, due to Ford assembly line build variations with the hood and hinge, there can be slight misalignment with our hood bracket. The misalignment stems from hood being attached slightly further up on the hinge at the factory. When this is done, our bracket rotates around the top hinge bolt and rests on the hood's hinge (see our manual) putting our bracket at a slight angle. This also affects the pass-thru washer hose attachment at the top of bracket.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There [FONT=&quot]is a [/FONT]simple [FONT=&quot]solution[/FONT] to solve this... First, loosen the lower hinge nut just slightly. Then rotate the bracket up into place so the washer hose retention clip hole in the hood aligns with the hole in our hood bracket - this will move the hood a very small amount and you can then snap in the washer hose attachment where required. Then tighten b[FONT=&quot]oth nuts back up.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have tested this on many Mustangs in our shop. Most of the Ford hoods are bolted down from the factory within specifications, but some are not. Do not assume that your hood is perfectly aligned from Ford. We have found that many are not and that by putting this bracket on as described above, it will actually bring the hood into alignment - it is a very minor movement. If you are still having issues, please contact us and we will discuss further.[/FONT]
I don't think my brackets look like this. Or use that hole for the washer hose. I'm guessing there is a version 1 ? Now I'm curious what mine look like. I will have to check on this.
Sponsored