Sponsored

Hood stripe bubbles

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Perhaps your answer can be found on YouTube, I read all the experts hang there.
youre saying i should stop taking advice from "AMMO NYC" who gets paid to detail cars valued in the millions? you should go on his channel and call him out for using a pressure washer on the 70 plymouth superbird. its probably just luck he didn't blast off those vinyls!
i'll make sure to unsubscribe from him and start taking my detailing advice from strangers on the internet who use jay leno detail products :cwl: :cwl:
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's like with everything, it needs care and knowledge to avoid ruining it hence it's probably safer for people not to do it in the first place.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I wash with a pressure washer 100% of the time...gets all the dust and dirt off before I wash with soap...but I never sit it next to the stripes as I was worried about this.

rorrerjp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1
I take mine though a touchless car wash almost daily without any issues.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
youre saying i should stop taking advice from "AMMO NYC" who gets paid to detail cars valued in the millions? you should go on his channel and call him out for using a pressure washer on the 70 plymouth superbird. its probably just luck he didn't blast off those vinyls!
i'll make sure to unsubscribe from him and start taking my detailing advice from strangers on the internet who use jay leno detail products :cwl: :cwl:
I don't think I said anything like that? How do you dream up such garbage?

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I don’t have a pressure washer, so hand washing is my regimen. That said, I would think that you would want to spray a decal parallel to the edge as opposed to perpendicular to reduce the chance of lifting it. This, together with sensible pressure and some distance between nozzle and surface, would be surely be safe.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I don’t have a pressure washer, so hand washing is my regimen. That said, I would think that you would want to spray a decal parallel to the edge as opposed to perpendicular to reduce the chance of lifting it. This, together with sensible pressure and some distance between nozzle and surface, would be surely be safe.
My thoughts as well. Using a pressure washer for a car for a car should have a lighter touch....its not concrete.

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
I love watching Larry! Got to meet him at an east coast auto show once, the guys knowledge, passion and enthusiasm is down right contagious! If there were degrees earned in detailing he would be writing the curriculum for MS level and on the dissertation committee for everyone pursuing a doctorate!😂😂

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I love watching Larry! Got to meet him at an east coast auto show once, the guys knowledge, passion and enthusiasm is down right contagious! If there were degrees earned in detailing he would be writing the curriculum for MS level and on the dissertation committee for everyone pursuing a doctorate!😂😂
i won't admit how many hours i've spent binging his channel. my newborn is getting an early start by binging it also :)
his attention to detail and like you pointed out, the science he applies to his craft is amazing. if i win the powerball i'm going to pay him to detail one of my cars.

Last edited:

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I have Reflex Pro on the way to the house now to coat N0404 over Memorial Day weekend. He and Jay Leno are all I really need out of You Tube.
Sponsored