Hood Extractor blocked.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Looks like the left side hood extractor vent is block on the Mach 1. The air filter is in the way.
Lee
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I feel like I'd for sure get water on my filter when washing the car. I'll have to take a look at it I'll be doing my dual horn tomorrow.
Just tape up the vent opening on the hood with painter’s tape during the wash and remove afterward, or put a plastic grocery bag over the filter. I use the latter method on my motorcycles when washing them.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just tape up the vent opening on the hood with painter’s tape during the wash and remove afterward, or put a plastic grocery bag over the filter. I use the latter method on my motorcycles when washing them.
And when it rains?

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
And when it rains?
I actually haven’t driven the car in the rain yet since it’s not a dd. However, I don’t think it will be an issue if I do happen to get caught in the rain, as my air filter is just outside of the cutout with the PMAS. Any water that does enter the vent will hit the MAF housing Instead of the filter.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
With all the technical effort that went into making this car, I would think they have that covered. The cooling shouldn't be a problem.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
With all the technical effort that went into making this car, I would think they have that covered. The cooling shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah if it was a real issue every GT350 guy would be cutting that open or something.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wouldn’t go as far as to suggest that FORD have all things covered. While they do a fairly decent job, there is room for improvement. Some of which is/has been long overdue. They have definitely dropped the ball or cheaped out on certain components when they could have easily given customers a better product. The MT82 transmission, half shafts and mushy suspension are a few things that come to mind.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Guys were riding for hours on the track and car doesn't overheat, transmission or brakes don't overheat. The cooling/aero aspect here seems taken the best as possible.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I feel like I'd for sure get water on my filter when washing the car. I'll have to take a look at it I'll be doing my dual horn tomorrow.
That wasn't a problem after installing PowerPack 2 on my 2015 GT Premium. The 2021 Mach 1 vents are even smaller. Not a problem in rain, snow, or car washes, including when I sprayed water "into" the vent. If you're really concerned, there are water-resistant/breathable after-market covers for the filter. I prefer an after-market renewable cloth filter that has enough oil that sheds any water.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No water intrusion on my Bullitt at all. I don’t hesitate to spray it off or drive through a car wash.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
We looked at it today. Tuner said leave it alone. There are two small drip holes in the liner to direct water away from the air box.
Sponsored