Hood Bubbling paint

SteveG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible
Yes, on a 2016 it will be covered. If it was a 2015 is wouldn't unless the corrosion was all the way through the hood. Ford changed the corrosion warranty language starting with the 2016 models. If your dealership doesn't know that, bring in your warranty booklet and point it out.
Thank you!!! That's good news. If I don't have a warranty book, can I download one?
Sponsored

luizffgarcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang - Fastback - Automatic - Magnetic
Well after 4 months fighting Ford here is the final verdict for me: "You have a 2015 Mustang, so F*** you".

They say there is no perforation and the 2015 corrosion warranty only covers perforation. When i inquired about why they changed the warranty terms for the 2016 onward but not the 2015 i basically only got a "i just work here sir" answer.

Lesson learned, i will never purchase a Ford again, and i will do my best to convince everyone i can to do the same.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Well after 4 months fighting Ford here is the final verdict for me: "You have a 2015 Mustang, so F*** you".

They say there is no perforation and the 2015 corrosion warranty only covers perforation. When i inquired about why they changed the warranty terms for the 2016 onward but not the 2015 i basically only got a "i just work here sir" answer.

Lesson learned, i will never purchase a Ford again, and i will do my best to convince everyone i can to do the same.
I talked my coworker out of a 2018 GT after showing him what I went through with my 2016 and also showed him page. He now drives a new Camaro SS. Not saying any carmaker is perfect, but the ford dealerships were by far the worst I've ever dealt with. When they ruined my car's paint by taking it to a shitty body shop, my service manager said that the issue was now between me and the body shop. I'll do my best to tell my story to others. Dealerships are all smiles and hugs when you're buying a car, but once they have your money, they don't give a crap.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

There’s perforation UNDER the bubbling... the thing is the Service Center does not want to be responsible for popping the bubble to expose the underlying perforation...

Another member on here did take the chance and authorized his Service Center to pop or scrape off the corroded bubble area to expose the underlying perforation.

For 2015 Owners it’s a big RISK to do that because there is the chance Ford could still deny the claim and then you’re stuck with having to either fix the exposed perforations or leave it to rot....

The Ford Paint Warranty should have been extended back to the 2015 S550 as well - it’s the same damn hood, metal and processes used to manufacturer/seal/prep/paint as the 2016+.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
This is my first post so please bear with me. We took our 2016 Mustang GT in to dealership for paint bubbling on the leading edge of the hood, they took pictures and sent to Ford to see if they would take care of it. Thanks to Ford, they are going to replace and paint. Question I have is, how long did it take you guys with similar stories for Ford/Dealership to get your car in and do the repair? I'm at 3 weeks and waiting.
Mine took weeks to approve and 5 weeks waiting for hood, and 2 weeks for repair.....

mjbaker84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 16 Lincoln MKX Reserve, 17 Ford Fusion Hybrid
so my question is ford says the 5 year/unlimited mileage corrosion coverage on the 2015 ford's for body sheet metal. Couldn't we use the loop hole that aluminum is not steel and is a different type of metal?

Im an insurance adjuster and we don't treat aluminum the same as other sheet metal panels in regards of repair/replacement/payment etc.

I still think its BS that I bought it used with 35k and didn't take it in as I thought the paint warranty was 5 years and Ford denied it with like only 37k miles on it. GARBAGE

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
so my question is ford says the 5 year/unlimited mileage corrosion coverage on the 2015 ford's for body sheet metal. Couldn't we use the loop hole that aluminum is not steel and is a different type of metal?
Aluminum is metal. Anyone with a 2015 that has hood corrosion needs to be sure the area of the corrosion is perforated. Yeah, Ford sucks for not including the 2015s, but apparently once a warranty statement is written they don't go back and change it. They just happened to change the body corrosion warranty language starting for 2016 models.

mjbaker84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I agree on the aluminum is metal point as well... but it shouldn't be like this for any of us.
This is BS

Sponsored

mjbaker84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well...Just spent 35 minutes on the phone with the "ford customer service call center". The lady took all my information only to deny my claim. She stated my vin wasn't part of any recalls for the paint, etc. I told her over and over it wasn't a recall and it was under fords corrision warranty of 5 years and unlimited mileage. She just kept reading off a script and everytime I asked to speak to a supervisor she told me, they won't tell you any different.

I referenced the TSB numerous times and she didn't even want to hear about it or the TSB # and just told me to pay out of pocket and wait for Ford to issue a recall and possibly get paid... I'm sorry but this is a joke.

I have a 15 mustang gt, a 16 lincoln mkx reserve, and a 17 fusion hyrbid and I don't get Ford wanting to be cheap asses on this type of stuff.

2017Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Im glad I found this thread. I have a METICULOUSLY maintained car, ceramic coated and relatively low milage. Just found the same issue on mine over the past month. Ford is going to get chewed out by me...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV