Sponsored

Rear trunk paint bubbling

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is this the same issue that a lot of folks are having with the hood? Can't tell if this is bubbling or just a shitty job with the sealant that appears to go down this section of the trunk.
IMG_6877.JPG
View attachment 296090
IMG_6879.JPG
IMG_6878.JPG
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Usually if it is the dreaded Ford corrosion bubble, under the clear coat or painted surface, there would be a white chalky substance (kind of resembles the corrosion from battery acid on battery posts).

I don’t see any such substance in your pics, but it would be easy to tell for yourself by taking a pin and poking into the bubble to see if it breaks down as such. Not saying to do that to make the bubble worse, but some others on this forum have done it or their Serivce Center did it in order to claim a corrosion issue for warranty replacement of the front hood.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Mine had this on the very rear edge though, not close to the rear window. Ford approved a repaint but the body shop messed up painting. Long story short, it was similar corrosion as on the hood.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think those are just a crappy sealing job. I have a couple similar on my hood seal on my 2015, and they haven't changed in 3 years. Just keep an eye on them for changes.
Sponsored