Sponsored

Holy Sh*& that's LOUD -

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Anything to throw in the mix to help tame it a bit?
tear the cans apart and put batting in there. Also put the Ford Performance Resonator in the middle instead of the X-pipe. I've got a couple (new) sitting on a shelf. 2.5" diameter both in/out
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rwwilli09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Edge ST
Thanks for all the advice. Corsa piping is 3 inch so I will have to get a little inventive or deal with a small reduction. Should not matter too much.

Thanks again

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
My future setup will have active valves. Chaos all the time is getting to me as well, can't sneak into the parking lot at work if I'm running late lol

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My future setup will have active valves. Chaos all the time is getting to me as well, can't sneak into the parking lot at work if I'm running late lol
Active exhaust is definitely the way to go. I still run one and it sure is nice to have!

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
Been starting to think about changing my setup as well. Currently running Texas Speed LTHs, X-pipe & Corsa Extreme axlebacks. It’s very loud (which I love), but it does get a little “tinny” at higher rpm’s. I wish it were a deeper, more muscle car tone. Easiest change seems to be swapping the X for an H. Not sure if I should go with Corsa or a cheaper alternative…

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
A pair of Vibrant 1794s will also clean up the trumpety tone that the Extremes have with long tubes as well as bring the volume down a bit. Those are 3" in and out and 12" long. Fit nicely in the straight area after the muffler just before the double x.

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
5.0 with Corsa catless long tube headers, X-pipe and extreme exhaust. Running this way for 7-8 months.

Apparently I am showing my age, but while there are times I love the sound and love being loud it does get annoying. Anything to throw in the mix to help tame it a bit?
Add resonators.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
5.0 with Corsa catless long tube headers, X-pipe and extreme exhaust. Running this way for 7-8 months.

Apparently I am showing my age, but while there are times I love the sound and love being loud it does get annoying. Anything to throw in the mix to help tame it a bit?
I've got Roush axle backs and for a while ran an Xpipe resonator delete and it was obnoxious. I've found letting a friend drive my car and I drive his to really know what the car sounds like. It sounds great with just the axle backs.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rwwilli09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Edge ST
A pair of Vibrant 1794s will also clean up the trumpety tone that the Extremes have with long tubes as well as bring the volume down a bit. Those are 3" in and out and 12" long. Fit nicely in the straight area after the muffler just before the double x.
Thank you sir. Ordered today.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and opinions.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have Kooks headers and cats, all the rest is stock. I find that to be plenty loud and sounds great. I was going for a resonator delete and my shop suggested I not do that initially.
I have Roush axle backs and installed an Xpipe resonator delete. Just obnoxiously loud. I'm supercharged and my Roush's have gotten louder over the past years and sound great without the Xpipe.