High pitched exhaust!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Hoonigan recently made a video showcasing a Celeritec exhaust on a ls3 c6 corvette. The goal of the exhaust was to change the exhaust note to be higher pitched (more like a flat-plane crank v8).

The exhaust uses a 4-2-1 header that combined both banks into one big pipe which then split back into 2 pipes. They have 2 very small mufflers that focus on canceling out some of the deeper notes but keeping the higher-pitched tones.

Personally, I think the exhaust sounds amazing! I think it would be a perfect match for the coyote. If you have the money (like 10k+) they will custom-make you an exhaust. Would be cool to see a cheaper mass-produced option available.

Hoonigan shows the Celeritec as well as a traditional long tube header, x-pipe, and Borla muffler setup.

Here is a comparison video I made of the sound clips:

Here is the original Hoonigan video that shows off both exhaust designs and goes into more detail:
Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The title of this thread should be "High Priced Exhaust". $10k for an exhaust is a bit silly in my opinion. Unless this whole thing is 'irony'...

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The title of this thread should be "High Priced Exhaust". $10k for an exhaust is a bit silly in my opinion. Unless this whole thing is 'irony'...
Nope.. and they have different metal types that are cheaper. No idea what the price range would be.

The post is to show some cool exhaust technology.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
This is not new. We did this back in the 1970's on our race cars. The idea is to have each bank pulse into the collector at an even pace. Keeps the 5, 7 and 8, 4 pulses from contaminating each other.

Probably works better today with 8 O2 sensors as we ended up with fuel distribution issues from the longer pipes.

The power hit was less from the same bank firing than from the longer length tubes.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
This is not new. We did this back in the 1970's on our race cars. The idea is to have each bank pulse into the collector at an even pace. Keeps the 5, 7 and 8, 4 pulses from contaminating each other.

Probably works better today with 8 O2 sensors as we ended up with fuel distribution issues from the longer pipes.

The power hit was less from the same bank firing than from the longer length tubes.
I wish a main stream company would release an exhaust with the goal of higher pitch for the coyote.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I can see this for a high end car or track car. I wouldn’t do this for a Corvette or a Mustang since mine are strictly street driven cars. But who am I to tell a fool how to spend his money.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I can see this for a high end car or track car. I wouldn’t do this for a Corvette or a Mustang since mine are strictly street driven cars. But who am I to tell a fool how to spend his money.
I think a lot of you are caught up on the high price of Celeritec exhausts. I want to clarify I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on an exhaust. There is a reason I have the cheapest headers and cheapest cat back on my car.

I was just putting it out as an exhaust that sounds really good and a sound profile that I wish more companies would focus on.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I think a lot of you are caught up on the high price of Celeritec exhausts. I want to clarify I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on an exhaust. There is a reason I have the cheapest headers and cheapest cat back on my car.

I was just putting it out as an exhaust that sounds really good and a sound profile that I wish more companies would focus on.
I didn’t think that you where thinking do this. There are people out there though that are that demented on a daily basis. I think that the engineering that go into these headers is exceptional but no way. 👊🏼

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I didn’t think that you where thinking do this. There are people out there though that are that demented on a daily basis. I think that the engineering that go into these headers is exceptional but no way. 👊🏼
I definitely think some rich Shelby owners would spend 10k on an exhaust.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
double

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I definitely think some rich Shelby owners would spend 10k on an exhaust.
10K isn't bad for a true equal length custom header that fits perfectly. Some enterprising person should get a set for a GT and copy them.