High horsepower issues with 10r80..help

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
So I have a Whipple stage 2 with the 3.25 pulley on e85. I went to the track this weekend and ran my best pass of 9.34 at 157mph. This is the first time taking it to the track since it has started to warm up finally. The only thing I've been doing is roll racing.
My first run, my trans got stuck in 4th gear for about a good 2 seconds and finally shifted into 5th. That gave me a shitty 9.9 at 137mph.. I let my car cool down for a couple hours because they were having issues with the track and that's when I ran the 9.3 and everything shifted fine.
After that run, the 3rd gear, 4th gear and 5th gear was acting weird and jumping up in RPMs and back down before it would shift.
Everything is stock. I'm about to replace my clutches with the McLeod clutches and possibly do a circle D converter while we are in there. Do you think this is a clutch issue? I had seen somebody talkin about on here that they replaced the clutches and it did not solve their issue and they had to replace the valve body. I'm not trying to spend money on parts that I don't need, but I'm driving 5 and 1/2 hours to get this done and I also want to make sure when I leave, the problem is fixed.
Doesn't seem like the issue happens when the car is cool and when I'm not in those gears(example interstate). And I don't remember this ever happening when I do roll racing.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
You are definitely at that power level where clutches and steels should be upgraded.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Things that seem help a lot with 10r80 cars are obviously clutches but rear gear change helps too. If you have 3.55s going to 3.31 or 3.15s is a good idea. Also if you're running a 26" rear rear tire, switching to a 28" will help too.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You should get clutches and you should do the Torque converter, then you can try launching in 2nd gear so there are less # of violent shifts
Sponsored

Last edited: