Sponsored

10r80 leaking fluid on high pressure shifts

battleship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
what if the fluid is still a nice red and not completely burnt looking? the fluid itself when it was leaking didn't look bad at all
hard to say really. you don't really get a full picture by just seeing a few drops. I truly never go off transmission fluid color. the smell test never lies. you could also have a fluid level issue as I believe some left the factory underfilled. you could have lost some fluid pressure when you were rippin on it.... have you verified the level??
Sponsored

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
hard to say really. you don't really get a full picture by just seeing a few drops. I truly never go off transmission fluid color. the smell test never lies. you could also have a fluid level issue as I believe some left the factory underfilled. you could have lost some fluid pressure when you were rippin on it.... have you verified the level??
no i have not verified level. there is a dipstick plug on the rear of the case correct? how hard is it to remove?

battleship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
no i have not verified level. there is a dipstick plug on the rear of the case correct? how hard is it to remove?
there is a 19mm hex cover on the right side ( passenger side) of the transmission by the bellhousing. once you get the cover off, there is a little white plastic stick. has an A and B on it. I believe you want to be at the B line at operating temp . ( around 200) be careful and don't burn youself.

OP
OP
dn1984

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
there is a 19mm hex cover on the right side ( passenger side) of the transmission by the bellhousing. once you get the cover off, there is a little white plastic stick. has an A and B on it. I believe you want to be at the B line at operating temp . ( around 200) be careful and don't burn youself.
thank you. will check when i get a chance

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I noticed that my 10r80 is leaking some fluid , did you ever find the cause? I may have had some wheel hop the other day and idk if I messed something up with the transmission or what. It seems to feel normal and act normal but its apparently leaking a bit now. Any ideas?

Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Lol I too am now leaking tranny fluid... Went to get my oil changed this morning and while on the lift the guy asked me to come under and see all the fluid. I did a hard pull yesterday and noticed a slight slip/studder but didn't think it was crazy out of the ordinary....then saw smoke............. So of course I'm thinking the worse and thinking head gasket or low oil. But nope... Leaking fluid and it blew back to the exhaust. So it's going to a shop here later on this week hopefully for some sort of diagnosis. Don't understand why it's leaking though. Car has been running fine.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Mine is at the shop currently. Fluid was leaking from the front of the transmission for about a month. Checked the dipstick and the fluid smelled burnt. Transmission was still shifting perfect though. But from now on I will be changing the trans fluid every 20k miles or so. I think my leak may be caused by seals having degraded from dirty fluid. They convinced me to not change the trans fluid at 30k because they said its a lifetime fill and the trans was shifting perfectly. The trans fluid is the only fluid I didnt change and it looks dirty and smells burnt when you look at the dipstick.
Sponsored