High(er) CHT

OP
OP

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
While driving yesterday, the ambient was 81 and the cht reached 217 while cruising at 55. When I stopped and opened the hood, the coolant level was still at the minimum mark. The coolant is green as apposed to the orange that the 2019 had.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
While driving yesterday, the ambient was 81 and the cht reached 217 while cruising at 55. When I stopped and opened the hood, the coolant level was still at the minimum mark. The coolant is green as apposed to the orange that the 2019 had.
Did you have the A/C on? I just did a highway drive with 95 ambient temp and I was sitting around 200 CHT. But at lower speeds and driving around town I'm more around the 215 mark like that.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My car has a menu with various readouts, there's no coolant temp option but there is cylinder head temp, which is what I was looking at. I also have oil temp but its an inferred gauge with a green, yellow, and red zone.
Okay, thanks. I also have cylinder head temp, so guess that's what you were referring to with 'CHT'. Next best thing, I guess. I also have oil temp, but had to install the GT350 gauge pod, since the stupid digital dash doesn't have it. Finally, will engage launch control, and see at what CHT and oil temps the icon lights up, which should be when the engine is ready to get pushed hard.

OP
OP

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
Did you have the A/C on? I just did a highway drive with 95 ambient temp and I was sitting around 200 CHT. But at lower speeds and driving around town I'm more around the 215 mark like that.
The temps are between 216-221 regardless of whether the ac is on or off while not pushing the car. Don’t remember seeing anything over 205 on my 2019 A10. Taking it to the dealer for a different issue next week and will bring this up also but don’t much like my chances getting anything done .

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
In 100-105Âş temps in sport mode and pushing it a bit this is about where i sit. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Most people i know with dodge products, their cooling fans do not even come on until mid 220s. Makes you think something is wrong, but i assure you it's fine. The cars are smarter than us when it comes to what they can handle.. and if it were to overheat, it goes into a fail-safe mode to protect itself.
temp.jpg
how do you display inlet air, cylinder head, etc. like that? I can't seem to find it . thanks

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
how do you display inlet air, cylinder head, etc. like that? I can't seem to find it . thanks
If you have the digital dash, its under gauges > show gauges when you press the Mustang button on the steering wheel.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
If you have the digital dash, its under gauges > show gauges when you press the Mustang button on the steering wheel.
I got to the show guages, but it display the 3 guages I selected. where to select to display those listed instead of the guages?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I got to the show guages, but it display the 3 guages I selected. where to select to display those listed instead of the guages?
Use the up and down arrow after that.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Actually the DOWN arrow. The up one is for the G-meter, and they don't cycle, so can't go from the G-meter to the numbers.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
I will try it when I drive the mustang next time. thanks guys

Alexsiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is your car running around same temps still ?
Sponsored