Hi-Res audio - 9 speaker system

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Does the 9 speaker system support Hi-Res audio playback? Just wondering about the technical capabilities of this system.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does the 9 speaker system support Hi-Res audio playback? Just wondering about the technical capabilities of this system.
The 9 speaker system is barely adequate at playing music. Low res, at best. Playing a high res source o one would be pointless.

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I am aware of the physical speaker performance shortcomings, as noted by numerous people on here, but I am wondering about the technical capabilities of the head unit. Speakers and amps can be changed.

Specifically, I’m talking about 24bit / 96kHz FLAC / ALAC that may be stored on my iphone or a thumb drive.

I believe the B&O head unit supports this, but not sure how different the head unit for the 9 speaker system is beyond the CD drive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I am aware of the physical speaker performance shortcomings, as noted by numerous people on here, but I am wondering about the technical capabilities of the head unit. Speakers and amps can be changed.

Specifically, I’m talking about 24bit / 96kHz FLAC / ALAC that may be stored on my iphone or a thumb drive.

I believe the B&O head unit supports this, but not sure how different the head unit for the 9 speaker system is beyond the CD drive.
Gotcha.....I would have to search for the thread but I remember that question was answered. Sonically the head units are the same.

Lots of articles online about FLAC. Here’s one.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have many FLAC files with high quality (FLAC is variable bit rate) on a USB drive. The head unit with the 8" display plays them just fine.
Sponsored

Last edited: