Shaker™ Pro Audio System vs. Premium 9 Speaker System

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Done.
Thanks.
I just looked at mine and assuming you also have the 9 speaker shaker, that is not normal. The small one has a neodymium magnet while the big magnet is ferrite I think. The frames look the same so perhaps it's the same speaker with different magnets. The obvious advantage to neodymium is the weight savings.

I'd take it back and have the dealer replace the big magnet driver for small. Not that the rear makes a positive difference anyways for good sound. It should be built correctly though.

linkysys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Old thread but I'm hoping one of you guys with the premium 9 speaker factory stereo can confirm a low shhhhh noise in your speakers is always present even when the stereo is off? I suspect the factory amp.

ANC is disabled in Forscan. Tried disconnecting the ANC mic in headliner to no effect. Updated ACM to latest firmware to no effect. Swapped APIM sync2 for sync3, no effect. Suspect the premium amp in the footwell has too high gain. Noise likely caused by ANC requiring amp to be energized even when stereo is off. If anyone has a fix for this like a separate ground or isolating the amp with rubber from the chassis, let me know.

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Hey, just saw your post.

It will be the OEM amp. I had a similar noise which I heard mostly in the sub, even when the OEM stereo system was off.

I replaced the OEM amp with an aftermarket 6 channel and the problem disappeared.

The OEM Audio Visual Interface Module is amazing and has a remarkably low noise floor, however the OEM amplifier tends to have a noise floor which gets worse over time, maybe due to the internal components becoming deteriorated over time.

Some people have reported that they have heard the hissing sound after only a few months of ownership.

There is an earthing point that is just up and to the left where the amp is terminated which may contribute, but my suspicion is that the internals of the OEM amp are just a little under par for discerning audiophiles.
Sponsored