Sponsored

Help with Whipple Stage 2 Install

Brilliant1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT
My Dad and I are doing the install and so far it has gone pretty well. Unfortunately, while some steps have multiple pictures, others have none while using unique acronyms.

Right now, I am stuck on step 121.

"Connect the previously installed ACT pigtail to the ACT sensor located on the drivers side of the intake manifold."

No pictures... Grrr....

Now I have wasted 2 hours trying to figure it out with no success.

I think the plug I am plugging into is the grey connector on the new intake manifold. But where is this "ACT Pigatail"? When did I install it? It makes no other mention in the manual. I then purchased a 5800 page digital service manual. Searched everything but came back with nothing.

What am I plugging in?

Where is the pigtail?

What does it look like?

Where is it installed?

What do I plug it into?

Sincerely,

Stuck in San Diego
Sponsored

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
Disregard what i previously pointed out. Now that i think about it, its referring to sensor that was installed on the lower manifold on drivers side. The wire for it comes from the passenger side and i believe it ties into a connector previously used for imrc on passenger sie.

I uploaded two pictures to show the connector on the manifold and the connector it ties into behind the supercharger on the passenger side. Camera is orientated from the position of me leaning over driver side fender.

Tony
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0265.jpg

Last edited:

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
step 76 is when you plug it in behind the passenger side head...

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
My Dad and I are doing the install and so far it has gone pretty well. Unfortunately, while some steps have multiple pictures, others have none while using unique acronyms.

Right now, I am stuck on step 121.

"Connect the previously installed ACT pigtail to the ACT sensor located on the drivers side of the intake manifold."

No pictures... Grrr....

Now I have wasted 2 hours trying to figure it out with no success.

I think the plug I am plugging into is the grey connector on the new intake manifold. But where is this "ACT Pigatail"? When did I install it? It makes no other mention in the manual. I then purchased a 5800 page digital service manual. Searched everything but came back with nothing.

What am I plugging in?

Where is the pigtail?

What does it look like?

Where is it installed?

What do I plug it into?

Sincerely,

Stuck in San Diego
ACT= Air Charge Temperature.

Sensors are pre-installed on drivers side of intake manifold.

Step 76 or 77 depending on revision tells you:
Connect the supplied 3-way to 2-way air charge temperature pigtail at the rear of the passenger side cylinder head to the 3-way IMRC connector. Route to the driver side back of engine for later installation into the ACT sensor.

Step 120 or 121 depending on revision tells you:
Connect the previously installed ACT pigtail to the ACT sensor located on the driver side of intake manifold.

So all you do is connect the previously installed pigtail to the manifold air temp sensor, the only open sensor on the driver side, intake manifold.
Sponsored