Help with used car

Cweezy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 330ci vw cross sport
In the market for a 19 gt… found one with 16 k miles and pp1 package…40k… is this a ridiculous price or about right
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
It's hard to say without knowing the original MSRP, or the prices in your area in general. Off the cuff, it's probably ridiculous considering that most used pricing is ridiculous right now.
Here's car guru link
It's hard to say without knowing the original MSRP, or the prices in your area in general. Off the cuff, it's probably ridiculous considering that most used pricing is ridiculous right now.
Here's link to car guru
Check car guru.com they had about 50 across us ranging from 37 to 48..triefs to copy and past my search but couldn't do it.basically thatcrefectd crazy increase on used cars this year.if your not on real need I'd hold off till next spring.when microchip are plentiful and car makers are full out producing cars

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Mike sorry I messed up your response.dont line how that happened.i was trying to lost a link about guru,and it failed and somehow got inserted to your post
Bob

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
I'll sell you a fully loaded premium magnaride pp2 car with 7k miles for just a little more lol. I think that price is pretty high for that car.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Prices all around are high on used vehicles, not just the S550’s.

For $40k, you can probably get one that’s a year newer too, no?

Cargurus - do a Nationwide search to get a better idea of fair price points. If looking in just your region, or within say 50 miles, you’re only going to see your regional price points, instead of “nationwide”. If you’re not leery of shipping or going to fly in and drive back - you can probably score a better deal outside your home state.

OP
OP

Cweezy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 330ci vw cross sport
Prices all around are high on used vehicles, not just the S550’s.

For $40k, you can probably get one that’s a year newer too, no?

Cargurus - do a Nationwide search to get a better idea of fair price points. If looking in just your region, or within say 50 miles, you’re only going to see your regional price points, instead of “nationwide”. If you’re not leery of shipping or going to fly in and drive back - you can probably score a better deal outside your home state.
This was on car gurus and a nationwide search, I live in the southwest and this was in AZ

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Like those before me stated, I would look not so much nationwide, but the distance you are willing to travel to pick up or have a car shipped. Only you know if that is nation wide or 1000 miles as the eagle flies.
But, yes check all options in the area you are willing to go, and find what you want, within your budget. don't settle for a car without the gear you want, as long as it is in your budget plans. I mean if a gt500 isn't in the cards looking at them is pointless. but if you want and can afford a gt 5.0 with pp1 don't settle for a base, unless YOU are ok with that.
I don't see the market getting better for a year plus.
That said, you still can find cars priced at a price you are ok with. Summer is over, fall is here or almost here, much of the country the party is almost over as far as using a rear drive performance car. So in those areas these type vehicles become a hard sell till spring, same with convertibles .
It took 9 months for me to find what I wanted at a price I was ok with.
What the same car was worth 18 months ago really doesn't matter unless you have a time machine.
There is only so many v8 camaro's, mustangs,dodges,etc made and every season many meet their death.
I highly doubt if Ford plans in the new mustang being a mid '22 model year to mid '23 model year car ,that many new 2022 mustangs are going to happen while every model line is fighting for computer chips. If the chip mess stays the course, I can see ford pulling the plug on the s550 mustang and tooling change over for the s650 really early in the'22 model year. Filling customer orders and whatever their last hurra of this s550 will be and thats that.
So, used prices might not drop at all as the 2020-2021 dribble out of new ones makes the demand higher than what is avail used.
To, many these are fun vehicles the 2nd car the toy. they'll pay more for them ,than a bland daily even used.
The news of the dodge v8 life coming to a close and the camaro future as a pony car up in the air, and the mustang next gen being the last pure v8 gas powered sports coupe.
I don't see prices dropping, unless the economy tanks, or fuel gets as costly as it is across the pond. but I don't have a crystal ball.
Only you know what a fair price is for you, but I think the prices of pre covid are not coming back sadly.

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
Check Kelley Blue Book, for your area, to see what prices that is showing. This might give you a little guide, of sorts...
Sponsored