OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah, the US spec is nicer, so there might be some interest. Main issue will be the lack of warranty I guess, otherwise there would be a lot more GT350's here in Europe than there currently is I suspect. E.g., I would have one. ;-)

Indeed, that's the question. But a big enough roll of 3M PPF can be had for USD 10 or so (I've bought a couple rolls of https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B004VG88MQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 before), so depending on how much effort you want to put in to it, it's easy enough to try. E.g., applying one patch of PPF onto whatever (not even your car), and another patch over that. Then wait a week or two, or however much time you have, and see what the result is.
I understand Shelby warrantees not being honored in the EU due to them not being sold here, but the Mach 1 had a global launch, right? A dealer here should honor the warrantee. I can't imagine they wouldn't just because of different gearing.

Man... I didn't even see this problem coming. I seriously thought there would be some kind of cheap bracket I could just buy.
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I understand Shelby warrantees not being honored in the EU due to them not being sold here, but the Mach 1 had a global launch, right? A dealer here should honor the warrantee. I can't imagine they wouldn't just because of different gearing.
Unfortunately there is no chance of it being warranted here in Europe. Only exception is if "it was originally purchased through the Ford Export Operations Military Sales Program" I believe.

Man... I didn't even see this problem coming. I seriously thought there would be some kind of cheap bracket I could just buy.
Now I seem to remember some people in the UK forum here insisting their dealer not drill into the front bumper to attach the license plate. Perhaps try asking there too.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now I seem to remember some people in the UK forum here insisting their dealer not drill into the front bumper to attach the license plate. Perhaps try asking there too.
Correct :like: Then one of these options :

A) Sto n show etc.
B) 3M VHB on the back of a standard plate.
C) New plate made from self adhesive vinyl.
D) Chance your hand - no front plate ...

I am currently on option D, one year in and still getting away with it ... (now I've jinxed it ... :facepalm:)

My quick back up option is C (I have one waiting).

My long term is a custom stainless bracket mounted on the belly pan holding the plate down low (I will also get an undersized motorbike style plate to use with the bracket).

WD :like:

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Have you reached out to Sto n Sho or Craig’s to see if they have a bracket that will work with your German plate. Bet they would be willing to work with you if they don’t.

https://stonsho.com/contact-us
https://www.facebook.com/ccmustangbrackets/
Hey, thanks for the help! Just wanted you to know that contacting Stow-N-Show turned out to be the solution. They will modify their set up to accommodate euro plates free of charge and were even friendly enough to hook me up with a 15% military discount that I didn't even ask for!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Correct :like: Then one of these options :

A) Sto n show etc.
B) 3M VHB on the back of a standard plate.
C) New plate made from self adhesive vinyl.
D) Chance your hand - no front plate ...

I am currently on option D, one year in and still getting away with it ... (now I've jinxed it ... :facepalm:)

My quick back up option is C (I have one waiting).

My long term is a custom stainless bracket mounted on the belly pan holding the plate down low (I will also get an undersized motorbike style plate to use with the bracket).

WD :like:
Stow-N-Show were really accommodating when I reached out to them. If I were just using a US front plate I found cheap Chinese made options that screw directly into the front tow threading. I figure if the Stow-N-Show thing doesn't work out I will just use a grinder to take off the US plate holder and just weld a metal EU spec bracket onto it. Can't go wrong for 30 bucks.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey, thanks for the help! Just wanted you to know that contacting Stow-N-Show turned out to be the solution. They will modify their set up to accommodate euro plates free of charge and were even friendly enough to hook me up with a 15% military discount that I didn't even ask for!
Glad to help and so glad they were able to assist. Great company.

And just so I do not forget again to say……..

Thank you for your service!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Unfortunately there is no chance of it being warranted here in Europe. Only exception is if "it was originally purchased through the Ford Export Operations Military Sales Program" I believe.

If I had been smarter and no so desperate for a way to get to work, I would have purchased through Military Auto Sales. I got a quote through them and it would have been like 5K cheaper and tax free... Oh well at least I didn't pay over MSRP. The problem is they would have shipped the car to Germany and I would have been without a car for over six months in the US. I got such a ridiculous offer on the Focus RS randomly while getting an oil change and the damn thing was in the shop so often, I kind of had to sell it. Oh well.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Do they not do AFI plates in Europe anymore? When I was stationed in Italy we had the option to eithr get Euro plate or AFI plats
Sponsored