Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get rid of my two cars and get two new cars...... = expensive
I will not be daily the Mach as I did with my GT hence I would need to have another car as a daily and with that said i cannot drive around in a shitbox so the daily will be a Honda E or something.
Im in the same boat... within the next year, I’ll be getting my Mach 1, getting myself a new daily driver, and also upgrading the wife’s daily driver. I was going to spend $40k on a Dodge Ram, but that was before I anticipated spending $60-65k on my Mach 1. Now, I’m probably ALSO getting a cheap truck and a separate daily driver

But that being said, the DD I’m looking into now is an F10 535i. They’re super nice, decently quick, and really surprisingly cheap! The ones I’m looking at are a bit pricier because I insist on manual and RWD, but you can find some with decent mileage for like $10k in the US
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im in the same boat... within the next year, I’ll be getting my Mach 1, getting myself a new daily driver, and also upgrading the wife’s daily driver. I was going to spend $40k on a Dodge Ram, but that was before I anticipated spending $60-65k on my Mach 1. Now, I’m probably ALSO getting a cheap truck and a separate daily driver

But that being said, the DD I’m looking into now is an F10 535i. They’re super nice, decently quick, and really surprisingly cheap! The ones I’m looking at are a bit pricier because I insist on manual and RWD, but you can find some with decent mileage for like $10k in the US
I hear you I have a more or lessy fully loaded 2020 330e with not even 6k miles on it and a 2019 MX-5 30th anniversary with 6-7k USD in mods on it (some of it I can sell thoug) that car has only 3700 miles.

It's a really bad finincial proposition to ditch those two cars.... to get a Mach 1 and another daily :D

But I still cannot let it go, however with the pandemic getting worse again it's a very bad timing to buy a new brand new car ... I don't think they will shift that many in Sweden so maybe they will hold their value or they wont as it would be a quite niche car

and most likely the car will be delivered after 1st April and the road tax will increase even further for the first three years(would then be 3k/year in just the road tax). Wish it was a bad joke....

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Politics declared war on internal combustion engines. No worries, not getting into that, haha. The Bullitt I just got may be my last naturally aspirated V8 with a manual gearbox and I intend to keep it long term as a modern relic. Still spoiled in the U.S. compared to Europe with car and gas prices but that is going to change here as well. Might wanna enjoy it while it lasts.

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Converted to USD it will be 81k. This sounds insane for you, but cars are that expensive over here.

But at least it is fully loaded. The only options we have are the Appearance Package, the theft alarm system and the 5-spoke-Y-wheels. Everything else is standard. And taxes are also included in this price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Converted to USD it will be 81k. This sounds insane for you, but cars are that expensive over here.

But at least it is fully loaded. The only options we have are the Appearance Package, the theft alarm system and the 5-spoke-Y-wheels. Everything else is standard. And taxes are also included in this price.
Recaros?

you seem to be doing good over there
BNP per Capita is 165k USD(2016) in Sweden it is 65K USD(2018) :D

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ah, you are right! I missed the Recaros. But they are not an option for me, as they are not height adjustable on the passenger side (WTF Ford? A seat that is not even height adjustable??)...

Yeah, for sure we cannot complain. But this does not mean, that everyone is rich here. The real average income was 87k USD in 2016. And you have to consider, that everything is expensive here. This is still very ok, but it is not that high as the BNP per Capita.

Compared to our very small population (only 38'000 people) we have a lot of jobs. In fact, more people work here than live here. Therefore we have a lot of commuters from Switzerland and Austria. For sure, this helps our economics, which again increases the BNP per Capita.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I hear you I have a more or lessy fully loaded 2020 330e with not even 6k miles on it and a 2019 MX-5 30th anniversary with 6-7k USD in mods on it (some of it I can sell thoug) that car has only 3700 miles.
Then why would you sell both cars and not just one to get a Mach 1?

I just sold my daily driver a few months ago, so I am looking for a new daily driver nevertheless (guess something in the direction of the new I20N or Polo GTI). But as long as I'm most of the time in Homeoffice now thanks to Corona, I don't have any rush to spend money on a new car for the few miles I drive.

And most likely will buy a new fun car next year too. From what I have heard here there will be no great discounts on Mach 1. Adding that I would definitely want the Handling splitter, rear spoiler (sadly no chance to get the HP wheels here legally) and red taillights the car would be in the 70k€ region. Not added that you might want a better exhaust too depending on what Ford is delivering. As much as I love the Mach 1 styling and it's coming to Europe officially, I most likely will go for a slightly used GT350 or add another 10-20k and go for a ZL1 or C8. All of them would be another league of cars compared to a trackready GT, and the resale value for US imports is also much better when looking at Gen 7 being not even a year away when the Mach 1s will be delivered.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Then why would you sell both cars and not just one to get a Mach 1?

I just sold my daily driver a few months ago, so I am looking for a new daily driver nevertheless (guess something in the direction of the new I20N or Polo GTI). But as long as I'm most of the time in Homeoffice now thanks to Corona, I don't have any rush to spend money on a new car for the few miles I drive.

And most likely will buy a new fun car next year too. From what I have heard here there will be no great discounts on Mach 1. Adding that I would definitely want the Handling splitter, rear spoiler (sadly no chance to get the HP wheels here legally) and red taillights the car would be in the 70k€ region. Not added that you might want a better exhaust too depending on what Ford is delivering. As much as I love the Mach 1 styling and it's coming to Europe officially, I most likely will go for a slightly used GT350 or add another 10-20k and go for a ZL1 or C8. All of them would be another league of cars compared to a trackready GT, and the resale value for US imports is also much better when looking at Gen 7 being not even a year away when the Mach 1s will be delivered.
- I have only room for one car in the garage
- The Mach 1 would not be a daily driver
- The MX-5 cannot be a daily driver as I have two children to think of :)
- The 330e and the Mach 1 would be a crazy expensive combo

thinking of getting a Golf 7.5 GTE, with live cockpit etc för 3000 SEK/Month 24 month lease no down payment as a daily. They are making room for the Golf 8 and the ID3

I have been looking at Boxster GTS 4.0 as well and most likely after 2-3 years of ownership it will be cheaper to own compared to the Mach 1 due to less depreciation.

I am trying to negotiate with the dealer regarding the Mach 1, lets see

Last edited:

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1

Thank you for sharing. Yeah, that is expensive. However, I don't find it absolutely outrageous. Fully loaded Mach 1 with handling pack in the U.S. is 60 - 61k I believe, without sales tax.

Sponsored

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
... and the resale value for US imports is also much better when looking at Gen 7 being not even a year away when the Mach 1s will be delivered.
I'm not sure, if the Gen 7 really has a negative impact to the resale value of the Mach 1. If the Gen 7 will be some sort of hybrid, the Mach 1 will be the last naturally aspirated V8 Mustang. Technically it is the best and IMHO the most beautiful so far. Furthermore it is still equipped with a (very good!) manual gearbox and a manual handbrake. In short, it could be the last, pure driver's car. And this would rather boost the resale value of the Mach 1.

If the Gen 7 follows the footsteps of the Gen 6 and will be the same driver's car, but just more modern and lighter, you will probably be right. But I really doubt this when reading the newspapers (climate change, CO2 reduction everywhere). Greetings from Greta...

But either way, the future will tell us. :thumbsup:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
You are right. If the next Mustang will be Hybrid, it will be a pretty much hit or miss. Most buyers are buying the GT here because of the natural aspirated V8. But if they can keep the sound with better mpg and better acceleration, it could ruin the value of the old cars. Especially if you have "the track mustang", it must be faster than the new one

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was literary minutes away from ordering. I had very good deal on the car itself(as in the best deal relatively speaking I have seen online ....)
But calulcating everything with the road tax, potential depreciation, cost for consumables, PPF etc it all became to steep.

This considering where the world is at the moment and also the future is a bit shaky(potentially)

I hope I will not regret this.... :(

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
The road tax in sweden is a big killer, espechaly after April 2021, i also did the math and it aint worth it. I also got a pretty god discount for a new mach1 with my current Bullitt as a trade.
I will wait and let the market stable and cruse with my Bullitt and we shall se whats around the corner , the new s650 model ore a light used Mach1........tbd

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The road tax in sweden is a big killer, espechaly after April 2021, i also did the math and it aint worth it. I also got a pretty god discount for a new mach1 with my current Bullitt as a trade.
I will wait and let the market stable and cruse with my Bullitt and we shall se whats around the corner , the new s650 model ore a light used Mach1........tbd
Was told he did sell one yesterday :), so there will at least be one on the roads next year :D
I did order some new parts for the MX5 today so I am digging the hole even deeper.....

The Bullitt is not too shabby so you'll be fine :p
Sponsored