Sponsored

Help with US Mach 1 in EU *Solved*

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ok, so I have googled around but I'm having a hard time with this and would appreciate any help. I have a Mach 1 that the Army is shipping for me to Germany. Does anyone know of any no-drill eu plate holders that are compatible with a US spec Mach 1? All of the EU stow-n-show brackets I found say they are not compatible when I try and enter my make/model.
Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
All of the EU stow-n-show brackets I found say they are not compatible when I try and enter my make/model.
The question is if the mount points of the standard US plate holder are in the range of the standard German plate holder. If not, there will be way to mount it without any kind of an adapter (or drilling the body for the new holes).
If yes, then I would expect you just find a holder with either already prepared mounting points, or you just drill it where needed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ok, so I have googled around but I'm having a hard time with this and would appreciate any help. I have a Mach 1 that the Army is shipping for me to Germany. Does anyone know of any no-drill eu plate holders that are compatible with a US spec Mach 1? All of the EU stow-n-show brackets I found say they are not compatible when I try and enter my make/model.
Have you reached out to Sto n Sho or Craig’s to see if they have a bracket that will work with your German plate. Bet they would be willing to work with you if they don’t.

https://stonsho.com/contact-us
https://www.facebook.com/ccmustangbrackets/

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The question is if the mount points of the standard US plate holder are in the range of the standard German plate holder. If not, there will be way to mount it without any kind of an adapter (or drilling the body for the new holes).
If yes, then I would expect you just find a holder with either already prepared mounting points, or you just drill it where needed.
It's hard enough to find front plate holders that specifically say they are compatible with the Mach 1 front end in genderal. I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I don't even know if standard EU S550 plate holders are compatible with the EU Mach 1's revised front facia. Let alone if they are then compatible with US spec Mach 1's.

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I don't even know if standard EU S550 plate holders are compatible with the EU Mach 1's revised front facia.
To get an idea, how does it look like, watch this

I do not know, where the front US plate is normally mounted, but if it is in the same spot, it seems there is a chance that the mounting points would accommodate the German holder as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Can't you just use Velcro and directly attach it to the plate that is what I have done on my mx5
For the rear plate, sure, that's probably what I will do. I'm just concerned with the front plate. I dont want to drill for a front bracket since the car is registered in a state that doesn't require a front plate.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I'm just concerned with the front plate. I dont want to drill for a front bracket since the car is registered in a state that doesn't require a front plate.
Do you have any mount points on the front at all?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
To get an idea, how does it look like, watch this

I do not know, where the front US plate is normally mounted, but if it is in the same spot, it seems there is a chance that the mounting points would accommodate the German holder as well.
Yeah it looks pretty identicle which would make since since it was meant to be a global platform. I guess the issue is now that googling around in German, the only no drill plates I can find for sale are all 3M adhesives that go directly into the paint.

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Here is the US car with the factory bracket installed. Requires holes to be drilled.

1631456182567.png
Yeah. I know you can avoid drilling if you get an after market one that screws into the tow adapter threading. I'm just not finding any that are EU plate spec.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Will you be getting the actual euro plate? Years ago American cars registered in Germany were issued plates the were the size and shape of US plates. Kind of made us stick out lol

OP
OP
JFK9

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Will you be getting the actual euro plate? Years ago American cars registered in Germany were issued plates the were the size and shape of US plates. Kind of made us stick out lol
Nah, they changed that. We actually get issued euro plates when we register it here. You also need to turn the registration in on post and get issued a special card to buy American priced gasoline at the on post gas station. It's become such a pain in the ass. Last time I was here was in 2009 and I don't remember it being like this, then again I have been all over the friggin place since then so I might just be misremembering.
Sponsored