Help with Procharger noise!!

brody117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey all, I installed my Procharger about a week ago. It was a used kit, about 5k miles on it. At first no noise everything was fine. During the tuning process I started getting a squeak/squeal. I thought it was the idler and or tensioner. So I put a new idler on and the noise went away for the first drive. The next day on cold start it was back, but went away after a good 5 minute warm up. Then started up again later that day and stayed. So I replaced the tensioner and once again it went away until the next cold start. This morning when I first started it I got a bit of squeak/squeal but it went away after about 2 minutes which Im okay with. However, this evening after having a little fun it was in full effect and I thought to grab a video of the noise. One thing I can do that gets rid of the noise is break the tension. Below are two videos the first is the squeak/squeal and the 2nd is after I broke the tension. Any ideas? I'm at a loss other than the belt may need to be replaced?

BEFORE:

[ame]

AFTER:

[ame]
Sponsored

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I'm not a procharger guy, but with my Paxton the belt that came with the kit would squeek/squeal on cold starts then after 5min go away.

I replaced with a gates green belt and haven't heard it since

OP
OP
brody117

brody117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm not a procharger guy, but with my Paxton the belt that came with the kit would squeek/squeal on cold starts then after 5min go away.

I replaced with a gates green belt and haven't heard it since
Okay, I think that's the problem because its really the only thing I haven't replaced yet. Going to go get another belt this week.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Did you put a new pulley on the head unit by chance? This issue has popped up a few times and it is usually because the spacer is missing between the PC and the pulley.

OP
OP
brody117

brody117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The OO put a 3.5 pulley on it, but he did not put spacers on it. You think that is it?

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
The OO put a 3.5 pulley on it, but he did not put spacers on it. You think that is it?
yep...should be a .130" spacer (washer) between the head unit and pulley. Will make that noise go away. Pulley also has a short shoulder and long shoulder. Make sure you have long shoulder facing head unit.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
yep...should be a .130" spacer (washer) between the head unit and pulley. Will make that noise go away. Pulley also has a short shoulder and long shoulder. Make sure you have long shoulder facing head unit.
This (above)

Otherwise it sounds like something is on the belt. (debris)

Usually, a belt swap will cure it.

OP
OP
brody117

brody117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Okay cool, going to get some spacers and replace the belt. Will update once I get everything on.

Walkingdogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Bringing back alive a post... not sure where to go. I'm having an odd sound now after I had new belt put on... and it wasn't there before the belt.

Last edited: