Help with aerodynamics

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Currently looking for a good rear diffuser & front splitter combo for my 2019 2.3L
Going to be used on the track a lot so aero/downforce is top priority. Any reccomendations ?
Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
Good question
what is the expected speed on the course, if it is a slower road course and top speeds or not over 80-90 downforce is not much of an issue.

What is your set up on the car for power, brakes, and suspension?

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Good question
what is the expected speed on the course, if it is a slower road course and top speeds or not over 80-90 downforce is not much of an issue.

What is your set up on the car for power, brakes, and suspension?
Hey thanks for the response !
to answer your question it’s a fairly speedy course where downforce is benifical, I am currently running a set of BC racing coilovers not much power mods on the engine just a mbrp downpipe followed by a roush CAI, brakes are currently stock.

Highoctanecobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Verus Engineering has aerodynamic items for the Mustang.
And they have a GT350 they track test their products on.

I have their flat bottom system (that is for an GT350 but fits an GT with a little effort) and their rear diffuser. I like both pieces.

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Verus Engineering has aerodynamic items for the Mustang.
And they have a GT350 they track test their products on.

I have their flat bottom system (that is for an GT350 but fits an GT with a little effort) and their rear diffuser. I like both pieces.
have you noticed any differences on the car ? Also would it fit an eco ?

Sponsored

Highoctanecobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The Verus Engineering flat bottom stuff should fit your Ecoboost also. Evidently the GT350 comes standard with these mounting holes, but my GT also had these holes. I’ve seen a YouTube install video where the holes had to be drilled on a standard GT. So just depends on your car I guess, you may have to drill holes and maybe you don’t.

The rear diffuser bolts up using existing bolts by mufflers and rear suspension, so it should fit fine also. Check out their installation instructions and you will see it is all pretty straightforward. No drilling involved.

The only testing I’ve been able to do is on the highway. I would say the car feels more stable. Definitely would do it again.

You should also look at AJ Hartman.
He has carbon fiber, track tested items also.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
AJ Hartman. Buy once, cry once type of deal.

And if you don't go with him, he still puts TONS of great aero content up on YouTube if you are inclined. Especially if you decide to build your own splitter.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Theres a couple of good splitters out there but those that work are going to be inconveniently low for any car which drives on the street. AJ Hartman and similar. Splitters work when they’re dropped really close to the ground.

i’ve never seen any numbers for anybody’s bolt on diffusers. I mean ideally you’d relocate the exhaust.

IMG_6307.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
Theres a couple of good splitters out there but those that work are going to be inconveniently low for any car which drives on the street. AJ Hartman and similar. Splitters work when they’re dropped really close to the ground.

i’ve never seen any numbers for anybody’s bolt on diffusers. I mean ideally you’d relocate the exhaust.

IMG_6307.jpeg
What would be your go-to ?

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
AJ Hartman. Buy once, cry once type of deal.

And if you don't go with him, he still puts TONS of great aero content up on YouTube if you are inclined. Especially if you decide to build your own splitter.
Ive checked his website out, doesn’t seem to be any diffusers or splitters for a 2019+ s550, is there something else you would reccomend ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
The Verus Engineering flat bottom stuff should fit your Ecoboost also. Evidently the GT350 comes standard with these mounting holes, but my GT also had these holes. I’ve seen a YouTube install video where the holes had to be drilled on a standard GT. So just depends on your car I guess, you may have to drill holes and maybe you don’t.

The rear diffuser bolts up using existing bolts by mufflers and rear suspension, so it should fit fine also. Check out their installation instructions and you will see it is all pretty straightforward. No drilling involved.

The only testing I’ve been able to do is on the highway. I would say the car feels more stable. Definitely would do it again.

You should also look at AJ Hartman.
He has carbon fiber, track tested items also.
I’ve really been thinking about versus engineering, it’s just that they don’t have carbon fiber products and I’m trying to keep weight as low as possible, should I go for them and just take the weight or is there an alternative ?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ive checked his website out, doesn’t seem to be any diffusers or splitters for a 2019+ s550, is there something else you would reccomend ?
I highly recommend spending some time reviewing his YouTube channel. Then, if you still want CF, email him and ask what he can do for you. If not, design a plywood splitter, which is what most folks do anyways, and start there. And like nightmare pointed out, functional aero on the track makes the car all but undrivable on the street.

He has diffusers as well. I think he links to them in his YT videos.

Your car is heavy. I consider losing weight wherever you can, and probably not sweat additional weight for aero. Those front seats are HEAVY for example.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Whats your experience level on track? what’s your budget? How much fabrication work can you do yourself? Is this aero spmething you’ll be putting on the car and taking off to daily or something you expect to leave on the car all the time? How many times a year will you be tracking the car?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
He has diffusors but it’s universal so up the end user on how to mount it. Same with the splitter

Diffusors - AJ Hartman Aero

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

IMG_6307.jpeg
What wing and end plate is that? Im seeing more of that style of end plate design on GT cars and also the new Mark IV GT
Sponsored