Mjohnson28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manning
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Someone who please knows a lot about cars help me out here

so I’m trying to figure out the problem my car has is when I accelerate SOMETIMES not everytime it could be days or weeks apart from each other but my car will shake as I accelerate until I just keep accelerating and it will eventually go away. But it is not everytime I do it.I have no clue what it could be I’m throwing a TCM Processor code but I just don’t know because it’s not everyday it does it
Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
is it a manual? when I don't give enough gas from a stop sometimes it shudders a little

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
Any chance your tires are just breaking loose and the shaking you're feeling is the traction control kicking in?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
It could be anything from a transmission issue, sticking brake calipers, or worn out spark plugs/faulty fuel injectors failing to fire on all cylinders causing the vibration under heavy acceleration.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wheel hop ... ?

WD :like:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You are probably just driving wrong. The right foot should be pressing the accelerator pedal quickly to the floor until it stops each and everytime you press it. No half measures.
yes officer, I was taught to drive by this gentleman seanuf99

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mjohnson28

Mjohnson28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manning
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
It could be anything from a transmission issue, sticking brake calipers, or worn out spark plugs/faulty fuel injectors failing to fire on all cylinders causing the vibration under heavy acceleration.
it is just weird because it’s not every time I drive sometimes I can floor it and nothing sometimes I cant and it’ll do that or it gets bad enough and shoots me into limp mode

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Someone who please knows a lot about cars help me out here

so I’m trying to figure out the problem my car has is when I accelerate SOMETIMES not everytime it could be days or weeks apart from each other but my car will shake as I accelerate until I just keep accelerating and it will eventually go away. But it is not everytime I do it.I have no clue what it could be I’m throwing a TCM Processor code but I just don’t know because it’s not everyday it does it
If it's an automatic, it could be the convertor.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Oh jeezzz, people are not mind readers...
What year, modei, milage, engine, transmission, and what code?
At this point it could just be Col. Mustard in the backseat with a monkey wrench...
SMH
I feel bad the OP doesn’t know cars enough to provide the info needed for him to get help beyond guesses, but this statement made my day. 😂

OP some things that might help us help you:

Year, mods? When you say limp mode, what happens? (Are you getting a wrench light or CEL on the dash, any notifications through your Ford Pass?

Your original post says it “shakes” how? Acceleration hesitation, shaking through the steering wheel, brake shudder? (Cars can shake in a lot of different ways.)

People here are very knowledgeable and can steer you in the correct direction, they just need a little detail.

OP
OP
Mjohnson28

Mjohnson28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manning
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I feel bad the OP doesn’t know cars enough to provide the info needed for him to get help beyond guesses, but this statement made my day. 😂

OP some things that might help us help you:

Year, mods? When you say limp mode, what happens? (Are you getting a wrench light or CEL on the dash, any notifications through your Ford Pass?

Your original post says it “shakes” how? Acceleration hesitation, shaking through the steering wheel, brake shudder? (Cars can shake in a lot of different ways.)

People here are very knowledgeable and can steer you in the correct direction, they just need a little detail.
CAI is only engine mods done
A wrench pops up
Acceleration hesitation but if I just keep the acceleration down it’ll go away

my apologies

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
CAI is only engine mods done
A wrench pops up
Acceleration hesitation but if I just keep the acceleration down it’ll go away

my apologies
Any notifications via Ford Pass or the information screen in the car beyond the wrench light?

It’s a 2021 so you shouldn’t be having any issues….it might be time for a trip to the dealer to have it checked under warranty. (Assuming you’re still in the 3/36 or 5/60.

No apologies needed, people here like to help.
Sponsored