Hello From BAMA! 1st Post!

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Been tire kicking for a new Mustang since 2012. I saw a Grabber Blue Boss 302 car filling up next to me @ Costco. It was the first time a Ford product caught my eye since my horrific head-on collision in my 2000 Lightning. I spent 14 hours unconscious in the hospital from the impact and driver's side airbag shoving my head thru the driver's side window.

Back story on me.... My father and uncle worked and owned a Ford dealership in downtown Seattle until they sold it in the mid 70's. I was born April 7th, 1964, and my father was @ his usual watering hole instead of the hospital when I was born. To say my mom was pi$$ed was laughable..... I've heard the story 1000 times in my 58 years! To make amends my father grabbed a 1964.5 convertible Mustang off the showroom floor and brought my mom and I home. Didn't work as my mom hated that car from day 1. but kept it and daily drove it til 1976 when she bought a 4 door 1976 302 powered Maverick! I thought I was going to get the Mustang as I had the matching pedal car, but NO.....my older sister got it because she had just got her DL and I was a couple years from mine! My family bleeds Ford Blue!

After my wreck, my current wife laid down the law.....No more...... buy something that's safe and sane for the streets. No more 5.0s....Saleens....Lightnings, so I bought my first Mercedes Benz. I drove that 2000 AMG until 2019 (289K miles) and finally traded it for my current 2013 E550 coupe. The E550 is an amazing car, just as the prior AMG was, but I'm itching for, or feeling the need for a new V-8 powered manual transmission car!

I've been a sucker for Grabber Blue since 1970..... My uncle drove a 70 Grabber Blue Boss 9 car for years until gas got scarce and $$$! It was sold and he moved into a T-Bird, but his wife kept her grocery getter...1971 Maverick Grabber...yes...matching Grabber Blue! I spent countless Saturdays washing, waxing and changing oil etc. on both cars for spending money. Yes....I've washed, waxed the underside of a Boss 9 and a Maverick! Fast forward to the 80's and my aunt and uncle decided the Maverick needed to go to make room in the garage for a Fairmont wagon! $500.00 later I was the proud owner of a 1 owner, Grabber Blue Maverick Grabber.

I really thought I was going to be the new owner of a Grabber Blue Shelby GT350, but after test driving a few different model years, I really was left kinda.....hmmmmm. Don't get me wrong.....wonderful car, but something about the clutch and really having to wind the motor just pulled me back by the shirt collar. Again.....awesome car...just not for me. I inquired with my local dealer about ordering a Mach1 and was told all their allocations were in and spoken for, Ford had closed orders for the model.
The local Mercedes dealer called me last week and said they had taken in a Race Red non HP Mach1 with 1600 miles on it and asked if I was interested. I test drove it a couple hours later and really liked what I felt and saw. I offered them a fair cash price which they turned down and drove home. My phone has been ringing non-stop ever since. I went back on line and started searching nationwide for one....my surprise Ford must of decided to spray a bunch of Grabber Blue Mach1's since there were at least 10 new ones sitting on dealer lots. I sent out feelers to all that matched my options wishes and let the games begin!

I'm off to Michigan Wed or Thurs to collect my new 2022 Grabber Blue HP Mach1 !! Can't wait........... I'll miss the Benz. but ya only live once!!!
18222394_1669988596348611_63276192240695166_n.jpg
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Been tire kicking for a new Mustang since 2012. I saw a Grabber Blue Boss 302 car filling up next to me @ Costco. It was the first time a Ford product caught my eye since my horrific head-on collision in my 2000 Lightning. I spent 14 hours unconscious in the hospital from the impact and driver's side airbag shoving my head thru the driver's side window.

Back story on me.... My father and uncle worked and owned a Ford dealership in downtown Seattle until they sold it in the mid 70's. I was born April 7th, 1964, and my father was @ his usual watering hole instead of the hospital when I was born. To say my mom was pi$$ed was laughable..... I've heard the story 1000 times in my 58 years! To make amends my father grabbed a 1964.5 convertible Mustang off the showroom floor and brought my mom and I home. Didn't work as my mom hated that car from day 1. but kept it and daily drove it til 1976 when she bought a 4 door 1976 302 powered Maverick! I thought I was going to get the Mustang as I had the matching pedal car, but NO.....my older sister got it because she had just got her DL and I was a couple years from mine! My family bleeds Ford Blue!

After my wreck, my current wife laid down the law.....No more...... buy something that's safe and sane for the streets. No more 5.0s....Saleens....Lightnings, so I bought my first Mercedes Benz. I drove that 2000 AMG until 2019 (289K miles) and finally traded it for my current 2013 E550 coupe. The E550 is an amazing car, just as the prior AMG was, but I'm itching for, or feeling the need for a new V-8 powered manual transmission car!

I've been a sucker for Grabber Blue since 1970..... My uncle drove a 70 Grabber Blue Boss 9 car for years until gas got scarce and $$$! It was sold and he moved into a T-Bird, but his wife kept her grocery getter...1971 Maverick Grabber...yes...matching Grabber Blue! I spent countless Saturdays washing, waxing and changing oil etc. on both cars for spending money. Yes....I've washed, waxed the underside of a Boss 9 and a Maverick! Fast forward to the 80's and my aunt and uncle decided the Maverick needed to go to make room in the garage for a Fairmont wagon! $500.00 later I was the proud owner of a 1 owner, Grabber Blue Maverick Grabber.

I really thought I was going to be the new owner of a Grabber Blue Shelby GT350, but after test driving a few different model years, I really was left kinda.....hmmmmm. Don't get me wrong.....wonderful car, but something about the clutch and really having to wind the motor just pulled me back by the shirt collar. Again.....awesome car...just not for me. I inquired with my local dealer about ordering a Mach1 and was told all their allocations were in and spoken for, Ford had closed orders for the model.
The local Mercedes dealer called me last week and said they had taken in a Race Red non HP Mach1 with 1600 miles on it and asked if I was interested. I test drove it a couple hours later and really liked what I felt and saw. I offered them a fair cash price which they turned down and drove home. My phone has been ringing non-stop ever since. I went back on line and started searching nationwide for one....my surprise Ford must of decided to spray a bunch of Grabber Blue Mach1's since there were at least 10 new ones sitting on dealer lots. I sent out feelers to all that matched my options wishes and let the games begin!

I'm off to Michigan Wed or Thurs to collect my new 2022 Grabber Blue HP Mach1 !! Can't wait........... I'll miss the Benz. but ya only live once!!!
Great story, safe travels. Post up some pictures when you get it.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'll miss the Benz. but ya only live once!!!
Welcome to the family; such that it is. I also had a Benz before my (now heavily modified) GT. The C300 and then the C43 were amazingly smooth rides. This will be a more visceral experience for you.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase

Perfect color choice! :like:
Sponsored