gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Make sure you have sticky tires installed.

Good chance it won't hook with street tries, even on wastegate psi.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Weeee

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Do you have any plans for different rims and tires?

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So far in my experience they have been very responsive to issues. The few items which were missed or sent incorrectly were corrected/shipped to me ASAP. I spoke on the phone with the owner John as well and he was very helpful. Is everything 100% correct? No, but they do stand behind their work and get you straightened out. I should also point out that the Mach 1 is a bit unique which could account for some of the issues I saw.

I plan to send them an email now that I am basically done with the install and point out some of the issues I ran into. Im pretty meticulous and have installed FI kits on other cars before so I am hoping my feedback helps them to improve their kit/instructions.

Thank you for all of your feedback throughout the build. The Mach 1 has its differences from the GT, GT350, and GT500, and we have made changes to our parts list and instructions to assist future installations.

Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Team Hellion

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 1964 Mercury Comet, 1995 GMC Sierra
Thank you for all of your feedback throughout the build. The Mach 1 has its differences from the GT, GT350, and GT500, and we have made changes to our parts list and instructions to assist future installations.

Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Team Hellion
Much appreciated! Again for those who are following this I would like to reiterate that working with Hellion has been a pleasure. I had a nice conversation with the owner John today and we ran through a couple of the minor issues that are due to the uniqueness of the Mach 1. I plan to provide them with pictures and more detail to make their great product even better/easier to install. Ive installed aftermarket parts on cars/trucks before but never have I stopped so many times to admire how pretty it looks. Its a shame these beautiful turbos are hidden underneath the car but thats the beauty of a Sleeper!

Sponsored

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you have sticky tires installed.

Good chance it won't hook with street tries, even on wastegate psi.
Surprisingly the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S hook really well. I'm only on 7psi at the moment but it's hooking up great. I'm sure as I turn up the boost and play with the boost controller that will change but I have pleasantly surprised.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I uploaded the last part of my install video just now. Check it out! I'm headed out tonight for a bit more datalogging. The Lund tune must have been very close as they told me to run it out to 7500rpm and provide them with another log. I'm also waiting on my boost controller mount from Fat House Fab which should arrive today. I cannot express how much fun this car is so far. It literally drives (and almost sounds) like stock until you get on it.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any plans for different rims and tires?
I've definitely kicked around the idea. Right now I'm a bit strapped for cash so I likely won't be making any major car purchases. In the future maybe. For a drag setup I really like the SVE Drag Comp wheel in a 17. For a daily wheel I may just look into throwing some DRs on the back and calling it a day. If I could get a cheap set of wheels and tires I might consider something different though.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Hey all I wanted to close the loop on this thread with some really good news. For those of you who have been following along here and on my channel I really appreciate you.

This past Friday I got it on the dyno here at a local shop (Premier Performance) in SLC, UT. As I believe I mentioned before LUND completed the tuning remotely We started off the day by seeing how the car did on 91 octane pump. I was somewhat careful prior to the dyno day to utilize only "name brand" gas stations (i.e. Chevron, Marathon, etc.). The first pull at around 7psi yielded 726rwhp and 563ft-lb. This was just straight 91. Both my tuner and Lund took a peek at this data and concluded that this was "about it" for pump gas. We did a few more back to back pulls and saw some varying data (likely the knock sensors adding timing). I believe the best on straight 91 was 740ish.

Here's a graph of what I believe was the first hit. Boost was likely between 6.5-7.5psi

Setting 1 - 7psi 91 oct.jpg

The tach signal on the dyno was giving us problems. This car has oil pump gears. Initial pulls were in 5th gear (Tremec TR3160 1:1) to 7500rpm. We eventually ran it out to 8000rpm later and got the signal to pick up.

At this point we added 32oz of Boostane to approximately 11gal of 91 pump gas. This yields between 100-101 octane with the intent of turning boost UP.

From there we ran into a slight issue with the boost controller. Likely one of my late nights in the garage had me reverse the lines going to port 1 vs. port 3 on the MAC solenoid. We were trying to increase boost but it wasn't doing anything. We swapped those lines and it jumped up to 10psi. WOAH! We hit the brakes and turned it back down so we could creep up on boost. Multiple pulls were made. We developed a setting 2 on the boost controller (9.7psi) which yields around 850whp. Sorry no good graphs of this one by itself. We sent the log to Lund they gave us the green light to turn it up more.

This is when we clicked off our first 900+ whp pull. I was astounded. I think we made 905/666!! We sent the file to Lund and he added some fuel up top and said run it again.

Here was our best of the day and where we all decided to call it quits.

Setting 3 - 12psi Boost.JPG

Again I'm blown away. Don't worry I plan to drive this car on the LOW boost setting unless I'm racing and likely that will be with some dedicated gas like 109 or 110 in the tank to yield in the low 100s on octane for safety.

Here's one more graph showing baseline dyno (stock minus a C&L resonator delete on 91) vs. high boost 100octane

Baseline Stock v Turbo High Boost.jpg

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
That is awesome congrats. I know the feeling! These cars loooooooove the boost.

Sponsored

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Got a killer deal on some Welds from a local guy. I wasnt initially planning on going full drag pack but this was too good to pass up. I cannot wait to try out the ET Street Rs.
6A634BDC-300C-4CE9-B1F9-3B4FDB7A6C29.jpeg

57381C8B-8319-47E2-9E08-8FAE6E3485BF.jpeg

B38D20A2-EDBA-4C8A-8368-18CE3F388F0D.jpeg

Awesome car man!

Some advice for you! I am running a built GT with the upgraded Hellion TT kit pushing around 1000-1200 depending on boost settings. Lund tuned also.

You will most likely need to start looking at some suspension mods to support these power levels. I am still not perfect on getting mine to stick on a preped track and I have tons of suspension mods. But I blew up the last engine while dialing the suspension in.

Also why not switch over to E85? Much better fuel and MUCH safer when running that kind of boost.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Awesome car man!

Some advice for you! I am running a built GT with the upgraded Hellion TT kit pushing around 1000-1200 depending on boost settings. Lund tuned also.

You will most likely need to start looking at some suspension mods to support these power levels. I am still not perfect on getting mine to stick on a preped track and I have tons of suspension mods. But I blew up the last engine while dialing the suspension in.

Also why not switch over to E85? Much better fuel and MUCH safer when running that kind of boost.
Good to know. The Mach 1 suspension has been pretty solid thus far but we shall see now that I have sticky tires. So for now Im running around on the street on the low boost setting. My plan is to keep it that way until I head out racing in which case my track has race fuel available. I dont plan to play around on the high boost settings without some known good fuel in the tank. E85 is likely in the future but I need to let my account rebound a bit. My thought is it might be safer to run low boost vs run around on E on 10-12psi all the time. Granted bad gas is bad gas and thats a risk but turning it down 200hp definitely doesnt hurt longevity.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Good to know. The Mach 1 suspension has been pretty solid thus far but we shall see now that I have sticky tires. So for now Im running around on the street on the low boost setting. My plan is to keep it that way until I head out racing in which case my track has race fuel available. I dont plan to play around on the high boost settings without some known good fuel in the tank. E85 is likely in the future but I need to let my account rebound a bit. My thought is it might be safer to run low boost vs run around on E on 10-12psi all the time. Granted bad gas is bad gas and thats a risk but turning it down 200hp definitely doesnt hurt longevity.
Yea when driving around town I only run like 7 psi. I am hardly in the boost 99% of the time anyways on the street so its not a big deal. I just highly prefer the E85 for the knock protection alone. Not just the added power. With those injectors you are going to tap at around 1,100 HP no matter the fuel anyways. Need a third pump and bigger injectors to go past that. Along with upgraded valve springs or they will start to float around 14-15 psi.

Glad to see you are running OPGs. That is what took my car out. I knew it was only a matter of time but I was planning on buying a built short block and upgraded top end anyways. So I just let it run until they broke.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Yea when driving around town I only run like 7 psi. I am hardly in the boost 99% of the time anyways on the street so its not a big deal. I just highly prefer the E85 for the knock protection alone. Not just the added power. With those injectors you are going to tap at around 1,100 HP no matter the fuel anyways. Need a third pump and bigger injectors to go past that. Along with upgraded valve springs or they will start to float around 14-15 psi.

Glad to see you are running OPGs. That is what took my car out. I knew it was only a matter of time but I was planning on buying a built short block and upgraded top end anyways. So I just let it run until they broke.
Sorry to hear about your motor. Yes the OPGs were one of the first things I did knowing that boost was coming. You honestly dont hear of that many failures but its also easy to hit the limiter at that power level.

Im just hoping that 7psi on 91 is “safe”. Its got some leftover Boostane in the tank so my 100 is diluted to around 95 octane. The move might be to just keep some 110 at home to offset a tank of 91 for safety. I feel better running around with 95 in the tank than 91 even on low boost.
Sponsored