Hellion Twin Turbo Mach 1

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 1964 Mercury Comet, 1995 GMC Sierra
I called hellion about the tb coupler on my 350 and they ended up sending me a 3.5 to 3.75 coupler also I had the same problem with the 90s at the bottom of the intercooler and the top but mine was a 6 inch so idk if it made the problem worse being a thicker core I ended up using the top 90 and cutting the charge pipe to put a 45 in it so it would not be hitting the small hose that goes from driver side top radiator to the degas bottle
20220530_154831.jpg
That is definitely one way to do it! I know EXACTLY what you mean about the degas bottle hose. Fun fact mine leaked from the factory at both ends after like 300miles. Keep an eye on that. My charge pipe fits well it just needs to be a bit longer. I am hoping the new reducer I receive fixes the issue.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
60F732D6-0C1F-4E0E-8374-1DF6B9897D0B.jpeg
60B76638-EBC3-41C9-9CA7-458D3BDFBB79.jpeg
D17B44F4-EDA6-4411-9CDB-5C725D1F5D8B.png

Figured Id post this in case someone was curious. If you are looking to pass wires through the firewall without drilling holes here is one way to do it. On the drivers side footwell theres a pass through that has an extra unused nipple. If you remove the splash guard in the wheel well you can see it. You can poke through this grommet by removing the little nipple and sneak wires through. This is how I got boost + power to my solenoid/boost controller.

One more thing. You can tap into the cigarette lighter outlet in the console so you dont need to run a wire back to the fuse panel for your hot + ground. Ive also attached a wiring diagram. I may pull/replace fuse F53 down to a 5a to better protect my boost controller.

OP
OP
Weeee

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Seems like Hellion could improve their kit based on the experiences and feedback in this thread.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Seems like Hellion could improve their kit based on the experiences and feedback in this thread.
So far in my experience they have been very responsive to issues. The few items which were missed or sent incorrectly were corrected/shipped to me ASAP. I spoke on the phone with the owner John as well and he was very helpful. Is everything 100% correct? No, but they do stand behind their work and get you straightened out. I should also point out that the Mach 1 is a bit unique which could account for some of the issues I saw.

I plan to send them an email now that I am basically done with the install and point out some of the issues I ran into. Im pretty meticulous and have installed FI kits on other cars before so I am hoping my feedback helps them to improve their kit/instructions.

Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not trying to bash the other TT kits but as of right I have few buddies that have been waiting over 10+ months for their TT kits from two different companies. Hellion seems to be getting their customers kits out in 4-5 weeks and complete. Both guys are just starting to receive their kits but only partially. One is waiting on turbos and ac lines and the other is waiting on turbos. There’s always going to be little install problems that come up here and there but after helping install two Hellion kits, I am very pleased with my kit.
HELLION FTW!

Nice build! Can’t wait to see you out hurting some feelings. :rockon:

AfricanSnowOwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m at 8 weeks and still waiting for my Hellion kit to arrive. Supposedly the rest of my kit shipped yesterday, but definitely not the 4-5 weeks I was told lol.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Who is going to tune the car?

Congrats OP, looks great.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I’m at 8 weeks and still waiting for my Hellion kit to arrive. Supposedly the rest of my kit shipped yesterday, but definitely not the 4-5 weeks I was told lol.
Mine was 10wks which was right at the top end of what they quoted. However, it did ship out when they said it would.

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Who is going to tune the car?

Congrats OP, looks great.
Initially I thought it would be tuned by my friend and the owner of Premier Performance in SLC Utah. Oddly enough he also has a boosted Mach 1. However, it turns out that while it will be on his dyno the tune will come from Lund. They have been great so far in terms of customer service. I have the base tune ready to be loaded which I hope to do tonight after work and go for a first start.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Weeee

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Initially I thought it would be tuned by my friend and the owner of Premier Performance in SLC Utah. Oddly enough he also has a boosted Mach 1.
Is that the red Whipple Mach 1?

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Is that the red Whipple Mach 1?
No his is a White Handling Package Car. It has a Vortech V7 on about 12psi. Makes between 770-840 depending on fuel. The red one was done by Hennessy and has a Gen 5 Whipple

TruckandRoll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
ITS ALIVE!!!

Started the car last night and did my baseline datalogging for Lund. They tell me it looks great and have instructed me to do a pull on wastegate from 3-6500rpm. I am both excited and nervous. I will need to configure my boost controller so it doesnt add boost and ensure there is some over boost protection. Only issues I ran into were one which was my fault and another which hopefully goes away?

First, I forgot to cinch down the oil supply lines which leaked on startup. Once tight we were all good. I am seeing some oil drips which Ive been told by Hellion is normal

635C6288-B55B-479B-B297-EA7DEFA20398.jpeg

“That is just assembly oil and condensation combining to run down the housing from the turbine/backplate connection most likely…”

Tonight I will upload the revised tune and take it out again. Wish me luck 🙏

OP
OP
Weeee

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
You got this Bill!