Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. I plan to go Hellion when I boost mine.

Any pics of how low the exhaust hangs? Ive heard that is the only complaint about these kits.
Ill get a pic from up front of how far the down pipes sit above the ground tomorrow!

OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a nice pull on 93+octanium 10psi!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This is probably where I'll be heading. I wanted to use Boostworks but they have too many issues with customer service that I'm not really wanting to deal with that heartburn since they aren't exactly local to me. Hellion seems to be on point with their kit and their customer service.

I'm also interested to see how low the pipes sit as well. We have craptastic roads out here. I don't want to dial this in and find out later that the pipes look like they went through the Baja 500.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
This is probably where I'll be heading. I wanted to use Boostworks but they have too many issues with customer service that I'm not really wanting to deal with that heartburn since they aren't exactly local to me. Hellion seems to be on point with their kit and their customer service.

I'm also interested to see how low the pipes sit as well. We have craptastic roads out here. I don't want to dial this in and find out later that the pipes look like they went through the Baja 500.
FUCK Boost Works. Go Hellion.

The downpipes are low but if you keep the front near stock height, it shouldn't be an issue. I have mine lowered a bit and the downpipes will very rarely tap on tall speed bumps. Never have they made contact with the road while driving normal speeds.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
FUCK Boost Works. Go Hellion.

The downpipes are low but if you keep the front near stock height, it shouldn't be an issue. I have mine lowered a bit and the downpipes will very rarely tap on tall speed bumps. Never have they made contact with the road while driving normal speeds.
Tell us how you really feel about Boostworks :lol:

My car is lowered already (Steeda Dual Comp springs) and I have zero desire to change them for anything else. I'd sooner have a shop rebend pipes before changing springs. :thumbsup:

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
LPF is another option that gets results...

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
LPF is another option that gets results...
Thanks for saying that. I had forgotten about LPF and I like their stuff. I'm not sure if 6064 is where I want to go but it is cool that he will swap it out with 58mm. I'd have to see his dyno curve to tell when the 6064 kicks in and where I normally drive at.

I appreciate the nudge! You got their kit, how is their service?

Sponsored

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
any trans issues or axles breaking? Not sure if it affected the same as a SC would as far as parts breaking easily. how long did it take you to install and did you need the OEM headers? Cant find mine

thanks

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
any trans issues or axles breaking? Not sure if it affected the same as a SC would as far as parts breaking easily. how long did it take you to install and did you need the OEM headers? Cant find mine

thanks
Yes, the Hellion kit reuses the OEM headers. I toasted my factory clutch and slave cylinder after 2500-3k with my kit. I was pretty mild most of the time but had some pretty aggressive hole shots too. When we pulled the trans it had a little scoring but still looked like it was in overall good condition. I can't comment on the axles because I put in DSS ones early. I can tell you that the factory axles feel like limp noodles comparatively.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
On install, did you use a lift or jacks? Sorry for the questions but I’m getting mine deleviered next week and want some input for the install. Thanks

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It was installed on jack stands but a lift sure won't hurt. Make sure you have something to drive. The instructions are clear but it sure isn't an overnight install.