1034 HP Hellion twin kit--base 55mm turbos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
And ya got rid of that monster why?! I'm doing my research on a 1,200whp build myself. I'll be calling Hellion when I'm ready ;)
because I prefer mustangs. Less traction challenged too. But I enjoy supras so I built one. It also costs a lot more in a supra to do the same thing in a mustang for a lot less. 30g in a supra isn't running 8s. not even close. :lol: For as much money as I had in that supra I could have damn near had 2 9 second s550s.
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
shit I'm trying to sell my S550 atm so I can get into a mkiv myself, the 15 just isn't any fun to drive.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Taking a quick look at Titan Motorsports page, it has not. The Poopra tax is alive and well.
I took a look myself. The turbo kits have gotten cheaper. A motor to handle the power I used to have is every bit of 20g-25g for a 3.4 stroker with badass heads. I remember when just the kit to be a 3.4 was 10g. Its now 7500. The fact you can buy a 3.4 complete SB for 13g is crazy. 15g if using a new block. Its gotten a decent bit cheaper. Doesn't even hold a candle to gtr tax though :lol:

11-14 and s550s are the newest best bang for the buck to mod. Period.

Sponsored

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I took a look myself. The turbo kits have gotten cheaper. A motor to handle the power I used to have is every bit of 20g-25g for a 3.4 stroker with badass heads. I remember when just the kit to be a 3.4 was 10g. Its now 7500. The fact you can buy a 3.4 complete SB for 13g is crazy. 15g if using a new block. Its gotten a decent bit cheaper. Doesn't even hold a candle to gtr tax though :lol:

11-14 and s550s are the newest best bang for the buck to mod. Period.
I never really modded my GT-R, because of the GT-R tax.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I never really modded my GT-R, because of the GT-R tax.
probably a good idea. They weren't crazy reliable from what a buddy of mine that tunes them tells me. While not horrible reliability they deff were a scary car to mod because of part cost if something broke.

Hellion,
Any idea what the correction factor is at your elevation? Would you be willing to post a non-corrected dyno sheet

I believe Albuquerque is around 5300ft correct?

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
probably a good idea. They weren't crazy reliable from what a buddy of mine that tunes them tells me. While not horrible reliability they deff were a scary car to mod because of part cost if something broke.

Hellion,
Any idea what the correction factor is at your elevation? Would you be willing to post a non-corrected dyno sheet

I believe Albuquerque is around 5300ft correct?
Nice job Hellion!

These 55's are looking like a solid street car option.

+1 on the elevation and correction factor question.

I always inquire when I see dyno graphs of turbocharged applications at elevation, as I know Albuquerque is at a 5000+ ft and the correction factors can be very generous. (Impossible to replicate with a car at sea level.)

Either way, solid and it was nice seeing the car at the shoot-out ;)

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice job Hellion!

These 55's are looking like a solid street car option.

+1 on the elevation and correction factor question.

I always inquire when I see dyno graphs of turbocharged applications at elevation, as I know Albuquerque is at a 5000+ ft and the correction factors can be very generous. (Impossible to replicate with a car at sea level.)

Either way, solid and it was nice seeing the car at the shoot-out ;)
Hello.

The DynoJet correction factor has been 100% accurate in our testing. Over the years we have tested at higher western altitudes and transported the same vehicles to lower elevations and the final correction is within 1 hp. Correction factors work in both ways, they can add or subtract hp, but the final correction is what we use when calibrating vehicles. It is an amazing technology which allows us to compare runs from all over the world. Our correction factor can range from 18-25 % depending on weather. Some of our customers have the same percentage correction factor in the other direction when there are below sea level conditions. This is why we only use corrected numbers when comparing similar vehicles in different locations.

Here is a dyno graph from Hellion customer Sheldon Lewis. This was done at near sea level, and his 2015 made 905 hp at only 15 psi. This is right where we see this kind of power on a DynoJet at that psi. This was done with a stock motor and through an auto trans.
905 hp (640x480).jpg

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
A/r ratio

What are the a/r ratios on the 55mm versus the 62's with your kit? Does it make a difference at these power levels?

Sponsored
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What are the a/r ratios on the 55mm versus the 62's with your kit? Does it make a difference at these power levels?
We send .64 A/R ratios with the 55mm units.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
Hello.

The DynoJet correction factor has been 100% accurate in our testing. Over the years we have tested at higher western altitudes and transported the same vehicles to lower elevations and the final correction is within 1 hp. Correction factors work in both ways, they can add or subtract hp, but the final correction is what we use when calibrating vehicles. It is an amazing technology which allows us to compare runs from all over the world. Our correction factor can range from 18-25 % depending on weather. Some of our customers have the same percentage correction factor in the other direction when there are below sea level conditions. This is why we only use corrected numbers when comparing similar vehicles in different locations.

Here is a dyno graph from Hellion customer Sheldon Lewis. This was done at near sea level, and his 2015 made 905 hp at only 15 psi. This is right where we see this kind of power on a DynoJet at that psi. This was done with a stock motor and through an auto trans.
Here is Uncorrected vs SAE Correction today on our turbocharged Mustang, note they are basically identical.

At elevation, you're likely seeing upwards of 20+ % added HP correction.

At the end of the day, the drag strip tells the tale.

But I can tell you from experience, at elevation with our R35 GTR, correcting numbers on a turbocharged application will give you a warm fuzzy dyno number that will NOT be replicated at sea level.

Great for marketing material, but can be misleading....

http://www.amsperformance.com/resources/technical-articles/57-dynos-real-info-facts

22386337306_ddd6213659_o.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/A7cQ9S https://www.flickr.com/photos/105107815@N04/

21791224703_efd9f96836_o.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/zcBHUK https://www.flickr.com/photos/105107815@N04/

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here is Uncorrected vs SAE Correction today on our turbocharged Mustang, note they are basically identical.

At elevation, you're likely seeing upwards of 20+ % added HP correction.

At the end of the day, the drag strip tells the tale.

But I can tell you from experience, at elevation with our R35 GTR, correcting numbers on a turbocharged application will give you a warm fuzzy dyno number that will NOT be replicated at sea level.

Great for marketing material, but can be misleading....
Hello.

Your experience seems to be different than ours, but we assure you, with 20 years of data from every elevation around the world, the correction factor is a great, accurate tool.

Here are a few dynos from sea level runs with our 2011-2014 kit. These numbers are not corrected, and are exactly what we see on our dyno at elevation. No need to mislead.

The first video is from Gearheads in Dallas, TX. The second is from Desert Demons racing in Kuwait, a world apart.

[ame]

[ame]
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.