Sponsored

Hellion Time!

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
To me HP was not the main factor. Being I have a Gen 3 the drivers manifold has to be replaced anyway as the Cat/Manifold are 1 piece. I would have had to buy a stock one from a Gen 2 to install. Since 1 manifold had to come off why not just replace both. Approx $700 more to switch to the 4 to 1 from Hellion IIRC
The gen 2 drivers side is the same and must be replaced. You need to use a gen 1 (11-14) manifold on both the gen2 and gen3 to make the sleeper kit work. I didn't need to raise the engine or anything to make the change.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The gen 2 drivers side is the same and must be replaced. You need to use a gen 1 (11-14) manifold on both the gen2 and gen3 to make the sleeper kit work. I didn't need to raise the engine or anything to make the change.
Ok, I thought only the Gen3 needed to be replaced.

The left manifold was a breeze. I probably would not have removed the motor mount bracket for that but it was already loose to do the right side plus I believe it will make the oil pressure switch easier.

I removed the right side motor mount bracket because that manifold is a bitch.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Ok, I thought only the Gen3 needed to be replaced.

The left manifold was a breeze. I probably would not have removed the motor mount bracket for that but it was already loose to do the right side plus I believe it will make the oil pressure switch easier.

I removed the right side motor mount bracket because that manifold is a bitch.
Yeah, I've heard the passenger side is much harder. Good luck and keep updating with your progress!

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It's all super tight. Wait until you mount the starter and realize there is about 5 sheets of paper clearance. Lol. I wrapped my starter with peal and stick heat wrap.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
It's all super tight. Wait until you mount the starter and realize there is about 5 sheets of paper clearance. Lol. I wrapped my starter with peal and stick heat wrap.
That shit falls off after time and heat cycles. Been there, tried that lol

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
That shit falls off after time and heat cycles. Been there, tried that lol
Yeah, likely. Holding up for now. Good stick across the top. I thought about that formable aluminum stuff and tie it off. Or just replace the starter when it fails. Lol

20221109_174310.jpg

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
It is a lot closer than I would like it to be. If I ever have to take it off again I will use some sort of blanket.

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I lost about 2 hours on this. I did not like the Hellion supplied oil adapter (there is another fitting that is not shown). I am sure it works fine but its too many pieces and the way the sending unit just flops around didn't sit well with me.

I took off the oil filter housing thinking I could just tap it but I was wrong. The only location I would be able to drill and tap was the small port for the oil control valve. I wasn't comfortable taking oil from that circuit (may be the same as the sending unit but I wasn't positive)

I found PBH makes a sweet setup that can be used on all GEN motors. IMO it is much more secure and has 2 ports I can screw into. One for the turbo's and if I want another for a mechanical gauge.

Hopefully should have It wrapped up by Thanksgiving if I can get some hours in this weekend.

HELLION.jpg

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I lost about 2 hours on this. I did not like the Hellion supplied oil adapter (there is another fitting that is not shown). I am sure it works fine but its too many pieces and the way the sending unit just flops around didn't sit well with me.

I took off the oil filter housing thinking I could just tap it but I was wrong. The only location I would be able to drill and tap was the small port for the oil control valve. I wasn't comfortable taking oil from that circuit (may be the same as the sending unit but I wasn't positive)

I found PBH makes a sweet setup that can be used on all GEN motors. IMO it is much more secure and has 2 ports I can screw into. One for the turbo's and if I want another for a mechanical gauge.

Hopefully should have It wrapped up by Thanksgiving if I can get some hours in this weekend.

HELLION.jpg
I wonder if gen3 is different than gen2? I don't have that small -4an line on mine. Just a "t" fitting, so it's still solid.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yeah, I don't have that fitting either. Mine was simple T brass fitting. I use loctite 567 instead of tape.

OP
OP
LS1Coupe

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I wonder if gen3 is different than gen2? I don't have that small -4an line on mine. Just a "t" fitting, so it's still solid.
GEN 1 & 2 are pipe thread on the OP switch. GEN 3s are an O ring. You can see it on the right side of the top fitting.