Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper VS. Twin screw dyno!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I agree Torinate. Although I’m no longer LPF twin turboed, my ‘18 sports a Gen5 Whipple and on 15.23 psi it made 898 RWHP......made 16.68 psi and it made 978 RWHP a difference of 1.45 psi netted 80 RWHP. I just can’t see how just 8.3 psi made 370 more RWHP either.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Here is a good example:

Add long tubes to a NA car and gain say 30rwhp. Take only that same change on a supercharged car and gain say 50rwhp.

Same thing here I believe. Also a turbo has no parasitic loss like a belt driven supercharger so there’s that too. This is a max build...built motor, cams, etc. this is not a bolt on turbo vs. supercharger comparison at stock boost that the average joe has.

Now, I’m not saying that it’s accurate...just giving my thoughts on why ther could be differences.

I’ll be going twin turbo when the time comes!
You’re right. Max build... but there’s plenty of folks on here running close to those boost numbers. I think most stock kits are running roughly 13 psi or so. You’re absolutely correct that the supercharger has losses. Just to spin it takes power. Yes, the headers will make more of difference on an FI build. They may even reduce your boost psi!

370 MORE HP IS A LOT!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I agree Torinate. Although I’m no longer LPF twin turboed, my ‘18 sports a Gen5 Whipple and on 15.23 psi it made 898 RWHP......made 16.68 psi and it made 978 RWHP a difference of 1.45 psi netted 80 RWHP. I just can’t see how just 8.3 psi made 370 more RWHP either.
CPR has a 2018 car making over 800whp on something crazy like 6 or 8 psi LOL. I talked to Dustin today myself for like 45 min about dropping my car off in may since its going to sit for like 3 months anyways due to military training and schools.

Turbo kit vs Turbo kit vs Supercharged PSI across the board is def not going to be even close to the same one kit to the next. All boost is not created equal.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Yeah I call BS on 370rwhp more also. No way on this Earth. I think it would have sounded better and been more believable if you would have just said/poated 180rwhp more at most LMAO .
I was about to change my Paxton kit out for a turbo, but now it's got me wondering if it's all nonsense with stuff i see on the internet. Even my tuner that does everything on my car said no way. There is something that is not being said that has been done extra to that car to get that amount of extra power
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.