Sponsored

Hellion sleeper built block

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So my car is relatively complete.. I got a built bottom end and a hellion sleeper tt kit with 62mm pte ball bearing turbos, 4in1 headers, id1050x
Sai Li fuel system. Only going to run pump 93, maybe meth.

I am working with PBD, but the block has no miles on it, it starts up, idles, BOV is open but as soon as you give it gas and let go, it wants to die.
PBD said the fueling looks good but my mechanic is saying the fuel is flooding the cylinders causing it to shut off.
He is concerned that the cylinders will get washed out with too much fuel as the block is new and the cylinders won't settle correctly.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
PBD can't tell why it's dying from the logs?

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I have a Hellion sleeper kit installed and can tell you both blow off valves should be closed. If the clamps are too tight on them they will bind and get stuck (blow off valves). It’s not really a vacuum leak and it’s before the maf sensor but will definitely change the airflow characteristics when you let off the gas. I would loosen the clamps and see if they snap shut.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Nope
PBD said

"
its not fat at all

the short terms are less than 6%
besides its CLOSED loop fuel control it can never target anything but 1.0 lambda at idle anyway
check the BOV

If BOV are stuck closed at idle it artificially rides the maf curve up causing it to over fuel and stall.
Make sure they are closed at idle and then you will know how to fix it :)
"

My mechanic is trying to figure it out as well but he is saying he did everything right. I am working with PBD but they closed at 5pm.. Hopefully they can provide me some more insight tmrw.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have a Hellion sleeper kit installed and can tell you both blow off valves should be closed. If the clamps are too tight on them they will bind and get stuck (blow off valves). It’s not really a vacuum leak and it’s before the maf sensor but will definitely change the airflow characteristics when you let off the gas. I would loosen the clamps and see if they snap shut.
I'll pass this info onto my mechanic as well. Thank you
I'm just nervous as I'm a lot of money in, esp with this new block, tt kit, all the other goodies don't want it to go to shit like my last block.

But all in all,
Both my mechanic and PBD are very great to deal with. But sometimes going thru it helps you overcome it in the future.. lol maybe someone went through this and can point me to the right direction.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I'll pass this info onto my mechanic as well. Thank you
I'm just nervous as I'm a lot of money in, esp with this new block, tt kit, all the other goodies don't want it to go to shit like my last block.

But all in all,
Both my mechanic and PBD are very great to deal with. But sometimes going thru it helps you overcome it in the future.. lol maybe someone went through this and can point me to the right direction.
Don’t mean to sound rude but You might want to look for a new mechanic if he doesn’t know that the bov should be closed at idle
Sponsored